Pascal vomited/regurged

Rapunzel's Pascal

Avid Member
Hi guys it has been a long long time since I posted. So I came into my room tonight and smelled a strange smell. Pascal's in our room. I looked over to his enclosure and noticed he vomited or regurged up his superworms I fed him this am. It was almost 11 hours ago from when he was fed . They we're undigested.
He is a 2.5yr old male panther. His enclosure is homemade 4ft by 3ft all screen. He has a mist king that goes off every 2 hours. He also get 20 minute showers daily. His temps are 85-90 basking spot and love end doesn't get lower than 72. He gets fed on Mondays, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. He used to mainly eat crickets, but I have changed his diet to multiple feeders. He gets vitamin without d3 every feeding and then vitamin with D3 and multi vitamin every 2 weeks.
Do I need to be concerned? I will keep a very close eye on him tonight and tomorrow. His lights went off almost an hour ago, so he isn't doing much now. Thanks for any help

Honestly try to get him to a Vet as soon as possible!!Chams usually only show sickness when the sickness has developed

I have never heard of a Cham regurgitate but I am really new to them. I wonder if the superworms was choking the Cham. I know they are kinda hard and can fight back. You said it was 11 hours after it ate so can't be the fighting back but maybe the shell got stuck.

I noticed you said vitamin with D3 and vitamin without D3. I assume you meant calcium instead of vitamin right? Multivitamin should only be once a month.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can come help but if they don't I will call your vet.

How is he behaving now?

It's a judgement call really, if he threw up the worms and is behaving normally otherwise I would just keep a close eye coming days.
If he behaves strange or is less active I'd have a vet check him up.

Throwing up is not normal but so doesn't have to mean he's sick, he could of just ingested something wrong or to many worms and his body disagreed.

Id discontinue the 20min daily showers as they add no value if he also gets misted sufficiently by an automister, but this is completely unrelated.

I have never heard of a Cham regurgitate but I am really new to them. I wonder if the superworms was choking the Cham. I know they are kinda hard and can fight back. You said it was 11 hours after it ate so can't be the fighting back but maybe the shell got stuck.

I noticed you said vitamin with D3 and vitamin without D3. I assume you meant calcium instead of vitamin right? Multivitamin should only be once a month.

Hopefully someone with more knowledge can come help but if they don't I will call your vet.

I think they had the multivitamin right. I've always read that you give the calcium with D3 and the multivitamin 2x a month.

I have read that too but they said vitamin without D3 every day. So I assumed they meant calcium. Vitamin 2x a month is fine but not every day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom