Parsons humidity

Because humidity always rises at night. I don't think many keepers realize that. They actually let their humidity drop at night and try to bring it up higher during the day. This is actually opposite of how it should be.
That's some pretty good info right there thanks for that. To get it there at night do you mist at all or just foggers/humidifier

That's some pretty good info right there thanks for that. To get it there at night do you mist at all or just foggers/humidifier

I always do a heavy misting in the evening as the sun is going down. Around midnight, my ultrasonic fogger kicks on and keeps the humidity levels up. When I go in the greenhouse in the morning(if it is early enough), when I open the door it is like walking into a cloud. As the sun hits it, it fades after about an hour after sun up.

Most issues seen in chameleons is from humidity/hydration issues. Which is not the keepers fault, because they are following most care sheets offered. But, if keepers would bring their humidity levels up at night, most issues like this would be eliminated. Very simple fix but rarely brought up. For instance, in Ranomafana, where you can find parsonii, the humidity at noon is 86%. But at 3 A.M., the humidity is 97%. I just looked up the values. Thanks GOOGLE!!

I will keep this into heavy consideration for my chams and will probably even try to get something like this going on a night where I don't have work the next day so I can figure out when to set my humidifier to go off for what levels to acquire certain humidity. Thank you very much for your time an knowledge it's very appreciated

Back
Top Bottom