Parsonii Yellow Giant

ken8913

First post!:D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 551
Welcome to the forum! Im glad you found us this is the best place to be when it comes to chameleons! Your boy looks very stressed and underweight. He also has retained shed and it also seems as though you have him in an 18x18x36 mesh enclosure. If that is the case you will need to purchase a much larger enclosure or probably build one to be proper size for him. These are just my opinions but i would feed him a few good meals to put some weight on and keep his mistings up.

Last edited:
I am deeply troubled by this thread and I really hope the pictures are not the actual enclosures of these animals.

No sad face emoticon would fit.

Please get these chameleons some room to roam with some real plants and privacy. They would be better off in your shower with about 20 pothos plants or schefflera plants. Give them a temperature of 20 Celsius and give them a shower 2 times per day at 45 minutes per shower. The shower water needs to be 26-30C. Do not watch over them often because they will be stressed, give them absolute privacy as much as possible.

Do this for the chameleons, please!

Welcome to the forum! Im glad you found us this is the best place to be when it comes to chameleons! Your boy looks very stressed and underweight. He also has retained shed and it also seems as though you have him in an 18x18x36 mesh enclosure. If that is the case you will need to purchase a much larger enclosure or probably build one to be proper size for him. Im not a parsons pro but i believe the minimum size is a parsonlot larger then most chameleons. There are a couple parsons owners here on the forum. I know jannb is a very loving keeper and owns parsons she may pop in on the thread. These are just my opinions but i would feed him a few good meals to put some weight on he looks fairly hydrated but keep his mistings up to help his shed and i would trade out the moss for paper towel for now and have a fecal done as he looks like he is a wc specimin and they can carry parasite loads which are hazerdous to the chameleons health. Im not trying to drop too much on you just trying to help get you on the right track to having a happy healthy chameleon. Your one lucky owner to have aquired a parsons they are beautiful!

Not if it is taking mature adult breeding age Parsonii from the wild. It is a concept call fecundity. They take up to five years or more to replace and the pet trade can have huge negative impacts on wild populations if collecting wild caught adults is allowed. I have been of the opinion that if a legal trade in Parsonii starts up again it should only be with captive bred, farm bred or ranched juveniles. It is something I have got first hand experience with aquaculture.

Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Wow all these posts while i was wri didnting! Smuggled wildcaught ! Thats sad..... I hope you ca n atleast give this guy a life since it was illegally taken away from him. And that is very sad that your female had to die due to your inexperience. These are not for begginners and if they were together in that small enclosure thats a big no no! Anyway you have alot of research to do and husbandy issues to resolve.its pretty bad that these amazing creatures get put through what the get put through so someone can have a new pet. That poor thing....

Not if it is taking mature adult breeding age Parsonii from the wild. It is a concept call fecundity. They take up to five years or more to replace and the pet trade can have huge negative impacts on wild populations if collecting wild caught adults is allowed. I have been of the opinion that if a legal trade in Parsonii starts up again it should only be with captive bred, farm bred or ranched juveniles.

Jeremy A. Rich

i agree Sh@! Like this needs to stop!!! And people need to be more educated when buying any chameleon or reptile at that.

It is not totally his fault. That animal should never made it to his hands (unless he was walking through the black markets shopping for pets). He has got to upgrade the conditions he is keeping his male in though. Asia is not the USA or North America the trade laws there are totally different set of rules. However, I'm still not endorsing that pair of adult WC Yellow Giants being there. I'm of the opinion that that part of the world has got to start making some changes if they want sustainable resources and wildlife resource use practices to last instead of just waste through a lot of what they have got.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum! Im glad you found us this is the best place to be when it comes to chameleons! Your boy looks very stressed and underweight. He also has retained shed and it also seems as though you have him in an 18x18x36 mesh enclosure. If that is the case you will need to purchase a much larger enclosure or probably build one to be proper size for him. These are just my opinions but i would feed him a few good meals to put some weight on and keep his mistings up.

yes, u are right, he felt stressed very much before because I put the female in the same cage, I am wrong, I knew can not did it but want to try, base on I am greedy, want to bred more species, I have more than 30pcs cage, in the pair of the yellow giant, I use the double cages of the 18x18x36, I knew still small but in Hong Kong not enough space to make the big room for them, furthermore the other side in that cage, I already make the water fall and pool for him, so about the drink is no problem, he alway will go to drink a lot, anyway I bred the parsonii over the years, I have the other 2pcs male orange eye and 1pc of the yellow lips baby live alone is still very good right now, anyway in the yellow giant is my fault, thank u every one advise and suggest, hope can keep to talk to every one and do the right, again thx!

PS: In Hong Kong is legal wild caught direct import from Madagascar Island

PS: In Hong Kong is legal wild caught direct import from Madagascar Island

No it isn't. Hong Kong has been a party of CITES since 1976 and CITES continues to apply to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region after its reunification with China in 1997. As a result, Hong Kong is subject to the rules and recommendations of CITES, just like the US. CITES issued a recommendation to the parties to stop the importation of wild C. parsonii in 1994/1995 and there has been no legal exportation of C. parsonii from Madagascar to any CITES party since that time. They may simply not enforce these rules like they are supposed to in Hong Kong, but it is still illegal.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom