Parsonii Yellow Giant

A lot of experienced keepers wish for their whole lives to be able to keep parsons legally. They would go to great lengths to provide the best care. You get them, abuse them, and let them die. There must be no value placed on them over there. They are revered in most parts of the world. I am sad to see this.

I am perplexed at the amount of people on this thread MORE concerned with pointing fingers and delineating legalities than with concern for the actual chameleons' proper care.

Do you think he cares about what is legal? Do you think he cares about your disapproving words? No!!

So accept the truth that the animal is now in his care AND try to be helpful guys! If all we do is scold and get up on our soapboxes...think about what his response will be.

HELP this guy understand how to properly house/care for the chameleon.

Now I'm talking to you; the Original Poster...

A copy of my care advice from earlier this thread:

If a 48x36x36 enclosure cannot be offered, a shower/bath tub is a good alternative. Acclimation will likely take 4-12 weeks. Please keep them separately. If the chameleons refuse to eat or close one or both of their eyes, GET THEM TO A VET.

Feed them plenty of hornworms, silkworms, dubia and Madagascar hissing roaches, grasshoppers lubbers, superworms, and crickets. DON'T forget that hydration is FAR more important than nutrition for these first few days.

Good luck and we do really wish the chameleons well!

Very insightful Chad. As usual you are a smart man. Hopefully someone can pm him and help him out.

Sorry, I came here for make everyone truble, I bought anyone Chameleons is by the right way, all bought from the shops, I mean all the shops is wellcome everybody go inside and have permit for sale them, furthermore I really love all my Chameleons, I have true heart for them and I want to ask everyone is it never had Chameleons dead? In the wild caught have much problem about them, we after bought them back, sure will try to do the best with them but I guess no 100% must let him/her should be alive, right? In the Yellow Giant I have something wrong is put them in same cage, sure this is my fault, if I can make them the bigger room just for them, sure I think can put it togather but in HK depends on me is impossible right now(except I move back to Vancouver), following have some pics about my Passonii, if anyone want to see my other species can letting me know, I will take the pics anytime for sharing, thank u very much for everyone advise!

Attachments

• DSC02511.JPG
    DSC02511.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 214
Those lights should not be in the cage. They are way to bright also for Parsonii. They will have eye problems with those intense bulbs. I don't want to go over other problems with your setup because you have already heard them. Good luck with them. I am wishing the best for them. You can send them to me and I will take care of them.

I knew is not perfect now, I just can do this right now because diffrence place have diffrence to do for match to breding them, in H.K the weather is so hot in the summer, I set up the light on top of the cage before years ago but is did not work, because no any heat can suport them, if I use the mega ray is easy to over heat, so is no idea just can put inside and use 12-23w night bulbs, depends on here is much better, u need to know I need to turn on 3 of the air con to keep the temperature round 26-28 everyday about 12hours, the another 12hours I will use 5 fans to keep, so I can not manage the other very good temperature and idea for them again, depends on I try many ways before, and I come here is not for fight, hope have good discuss and sharing, any advise I am really wellcome, just need is right side to discuss, I trust anyone here is true heart to love Chameleons, but pls to think the diffrence place and standing on the other side's position first, than I really want can keep happy talk and positive discuss here, may be have a great result for everyone Chameleons lover in the world.

Please make arrangements to get those animals into some new larger enclosures, preferably a free range. It is hard to see them like that.

Here are some pics of some of my old setups to give you some ideas.
They are cheap, easy to make, and don't take up all that much room. The shower stall suggestion was also good as temporary housing.
Please please consider setting up something like this for your male yellow giant asap;)

Attachments

• freera1.jpg
    freera1.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 202
  • freera2.jpg
    freera2.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 206
28 is too hot for parsons, no bro no fighting, just trying to help and help your animals to survive, as I said every individual is important.

try to keep it 20-25 during summer, during the day and at night should be 17-20, in winter you should have about 12-15, they mate after the winter time

no light during the night

Last edited:
Kent,
I noticed you said you are moving to Vancouver soon. I live in Vancouver as well as a few more of us. If you are bringing your chameleons with you I would be willing to help you set up appropriate parson chameleon enclosures with you. I do not have experience with parsons personally, but I read up on them night after night because I am so incredibly fascinated with them. I am also sure that there are more Vancouver chameleon owners that would be willing to help get these parsons back on track. Please feel free to PM.

Thank u Garrett!

Leedragon: yes, I keep to turn on the 3 of the air con on the day time and turn on 5 of the fans on night time, sure is for making down and I alway no light at the night time in summer, luckly I keep the Yellow Giant male about the year, the female is new add in, thank u so much for your advise, sure I will make it much better if I can.

Djturna4thakidz: I will try to change the big cage when he growing up, that is not forever, acutlly I will let him out of the cage in day time, he can free to walk around, I already make the big tree put on the somewere and 70w Mega ray on top the tree too, let him can stay there enjoy the light.

Mike Fisher: not too many Parsonii, in the last year about total 40-50pcs including the CB baby (about 30pcs) in the market, in the wild caught sub-adult and adult around 1800USD-3000USD, CB baby around 800-1000USD.

Kent,
I noticed you said you are moving to Vancouver soon. I live in Vancouver as well as a few more of us. If you are bringing your chameleons with you I would be willing to help you set up appropriate parson chameleon enclosures with you. I do not have experience with parsons personally, but I read up on them night after night because I am so incredibly fascinated with them. I am also sure that there are more Vancouver chameleon owners that would be willing to help get these parsons back on track. Please feel free to PM.

ReptiGeek: Sorry, I mean if need to make the room for them, may be I need to back to Vancouver, but I thing in the short time I do not, sure I still keep the house over there is for my boys and wife go back every summer, anyway I live in Vancouver granville st, where do u live? Hope have time and chance to meet u later too.

Here are some pics of some of my old setups to give you some ideas.
They are cheap, easy to make, and don't take up all that much room. The shower stall suggestion was also good as temporary housing.
Please please consider setting up something like this for your male yellow giant asap;)

Is that a metal halide? That Pothos is HUUUUUUGE. Good stuff Garrett.

Or if you can build an over sized enclosure such as one of these for each of your Parsonii. I have heard countless stories of WC Parsonii wasting away in short periods of time in enclosures that were far to small for them. Similar to the size enclosure you have got your adult male Yellow Giant in now. I have got an industrial sized metal halide too!

6lsn.jpg

They really don't need any lighting indoors if you can let them get some outside time a couple times a week.
As far as UVB goes for an adult Parsons.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom