Parsonii Yellow Giant

I have been reading, and I saw that parsons are sit and wait predators.
been this stated, do they really need huge enclosures?

Have you ever seen a parsons offered a insect they might encounter during the daytime in Madagascar? They can cover a couple meters in seconds, to reach their prey.

Have you ever seen a parsons offered a insect they might encounter during the daytime in Madagascar? They can cover a couple meters in seconds, to reach their prey.

no, I read this in neccas book, that parsons are sit and wait predators, so I wonder how much space do they really need.

I guessing you have parsons and that you have seem the behaviour in captivity, but just curious, do you have follow a parson a whole day in madagascar and see what he was doing, how many metters did it walk that day?

it would be interesting to know, it could really help parsons housing in captivity

Rather than abusing the poor guy like almost everyone accused him of doing to his chams, why not offer some common sense. Unload a couple of his chams, and free up the necessary space needed. Then continue to help him with the extra space. Teach him how to separate a room with minimum screening and 2x4's. He could easily have gotten several cages by sectioning off a room. He could even make a pass thru with doors. I see a hugely wasted opportunity here. I hope a lot of people here don't talk to their kids the same way. They will never have any self esteem. What a waste.

I don't have much empathy for the neglect and total unprepared husbandry of multiple specimens of what is considered to be the holly grail of the chameleon keeping hobby. To condone the wasting away of Parsonii in this fashion the way that his adult female Yellow Giant already has is disgusting. If you read later on in this thread we have given him guidance to procure larger enclosures for his Parsonii however to the best of my knowledge Ken still has not.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom