Parsonii Yellow Giant

I would agree with Ken here. Smuggling are everywhere. Not just in South East Asia. If Veiled and Panther were not smuggled into USA, how can you all be keeping them right now? How many died during the process before some are being shipped legally with proper CITES? Those who survived, sired a part of the colony in USA. Just that now it is happening in South East Asia more frequently, doesn't mean it didn't happen somewhere else.

Dear erik775 and djfishygillz. Yes, the smuggled chameleon offered in Malaysia is cheap. But they usually die within 2 weeks time. No one dares to touch them anymore.

Thank u for your understanding pohchunyee, I came here just want to sharing and get a positive talk, never want to make the problem and unhappy for everybody.

Parsonii do not like strong/cold wind. If they feel "uncomfortable" from this point, they close eyes. At that time I install outside of cages transparent folies.
Normal wind at normal temperatures is no problem but about 12°C they do not tolerate wind at all.

careful with the aircondition, I remember readin parsons can not stay the wind, kind like hoehnelies, can anybody correct me if I am wrong?

anyway, don´t forget to tread him for parasites

I would agree with Ken here. Smuggling are everywhere. Not just in South East Asia. If Veiled and Panther were not smuggled into USA, how can you all be keeping them right now? How many died during the process before some are being shipped legally with proper CITES? Those who survived, sired a part of the colony in USA. Just that now it is happening in South East Asia more frequently, doesn't mean it didn't happen somewhere else.

Dear erik775 and djfishygillz. Yes, the smuggled chameleon offered in Malaysia is cheap. But they usually die within 2 weeks time. No one dares to touch them anymore.

So your logic is because it was done illegally before then it is okay now? You are very foolish if that is your logic. Just because the laws were broken before doesn't make it okay now. But sure, side with this guy who can't even house his endangered smuggled chameleons correctly and support him. Shows how much you care about the chameleons well being. This guy just wants some cool pets but has no intention on providing proper housing or care for them.

Thank u for your understanding pohchunyee, I came here just want to sharing and get a positive talk, never want to make the problem and unhappy for everybody.

You have made people unhappy because you are not providing proper care for these endangered, smuggled, chameleons. Just because HK doesn't care if you buy smuggled chams doesn't make it right. No one should be taking any parsons out of the wild right now anyways. They are to few in number. And if they must be taken out of the wild they should go into the hands of educated breeders! NOT SOMEONE STICKING THEM IN A CAGE SO SMALL I WOULDN'T EVEN HOUSE MY FEMALE PANTHERS IN!

I am done with this thread and this horrible, in denial owner. You should do the right thing and hand the parsons over to someone who can properly care for them.

I am done with this thread and this horrible, in denial owner. You should do the right thing and hand the parsons over to someone who can properly care for them.

yo man calm the f** down, I can say the same about the wild catch that comes in the US how many panthers don´t come in in the US that are wild caught even though there is cb ones.

this guy hasn´t commit a crime in his country so what do you want? to take a plane to madagascar and leave it back?

what is done is done, the best to do now is to asure the animals survive

yo man calm the f** down, I can say the same about the wild catch that comes in the US how many panthers don´t come in in the US that are wild caught even though there is bc ones.

this guy hasn´t commit a crime in his country so what do you want? to take a plane to madagascar and leave it back?

Okay, what has he done to change his care since he has been on the forum? Nothing. He has only posted pictures.

yo man calm the f** down, I can say the same about the wild catch that comes in the US how many panthers don´t come in in the US that are wild caught even though there is cb ones.

And panthers aren't endangered and in low numbers like parsons are. So stop changing the argument.

So pls can u tell me what happen about these?

Between January of 1988 and June of 1994, over 4000 C. parsonii were reported to have been imported to the USA. Most people agree that the actual number of animals entering the country was significantly higher. Not accounted for are animals smuggled on the black market or which were not accounted for in shipping documents.

http://www.skypoint.com/members/mikefry/parsonii2.html

Once again, just because illegal importing is done one place doesn't make it okay to do again in another. US illegal importing is wrong also.

WC never the least, even if the animals are not in danger heck man, why have chameleon at all

What? I have no idea what you are saying.

I am arguing that illegal smuggling of endangered species is wrong. You just keep attempting to change the subject with red herrings or smoke screens to cover up the point I am making.

Why are you arguing against me that illegal importing is wrong? You support it apparently. Okay now I am seriously done. I thought you wanted to have a real conversation, but you are bringing up no appealing points and just attempting to clutter the argument.

That is for the fact Veiled and Panthers are not smuggled into the USA. CITES allows Legal trade of five quota speciesto be exported out of Madagascar with Furcifer pardalis being one of those five. There is an anual export of 2000 Furcifer pardalis plus a trade of captive bred specimens that is allowed. Your choice of words of calling Panther Chameleons (Fucifer pardalis) smuggled is not accurate at all.

As far a Veiled chameleons they are one of the exceptions to the rules. For the most part they do not require wild caught individuals to sustain a captive breeding population. Again these animals for the most part are all captive bred and are not smuggled animals. On the rare occasion when they are imported they have got legal documents if I recall correctly from Yemen. Again meaning your choice of words calling them smuggled animals is not accurate at all.

...his endangered smuggled chameleons...

...these endangered, smuggled, chameleons....

And panthers aren't endangered and in low numbers like parsons are....

...illegal smuggling of endangered species...

Just to set the record straight, Calumma parsonii is not endangered. The IUCN Red List classifies them as Near Threatened (http://www.iucnredlist.org/details/172896/0).

That said, the attacks and attitudes in this and other related threads need to stop immediately. Anyone who keeps it up will be issued infractions. The original poster has been informed of the legal status of this species and is now well aware of the issues with his husbandry. At this point you should be helping him improve his husbandry, not alienating him further and resorting to personal attacks.

Chris

Well that is news to me so I apologize. I just see the hard work people on this page have put into parsons. All I have ever heard is that they are decreasing rapidly in numbers. I hope someone can talk to the op personally and help him out to best ensure their survival.

Thank u Chris, I still work hard too, most people's here, just looking my cage is so upsad, I knew but in HK really can not have bigger space for them, not easy, in USA, Canada and most Europe Country, live is House, enough the space, so anyone sure think of cause I need to do, but in H.K mostly just apartment, my apartment in H.K just the washroom, normally can buy the House on Canada Vancouver at Fraser st, so is not I don't want give them very very good, is really impossible now, and pls standing in my point to see, I set all the things they need, just the house is little bit small, is it really should hurt me something like that? Everyone do u know, from my Chameleons start, I can not out of H.K up to 3years, just because I told my family they need to care every day, so how can I do? Is not enough love my pets? My wife told me I not enough love my family, so what do u think? I just hope everybody said something before, pls standing other side to think about it first or listen what situation, don't just stand the point at yourself only pls.

Like I said before, I already set up the tree and have the Mega Ray 75w on top of the tree, even have the bar is for letting them every daytime(mainly is for Pasonii and Melleri), can out of the cage for take free a walk, I knew my cage is small for them, so acutlly they go back the cage is on night time, that's is I can do for them the best at this moment, so hope everyone forgive me can not make them prefect now.

Attachments

• DSC02539.JPG
    DSC02539.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 193
Back
Top Bottom