parsonii didn't eat

espritjustin

My parsonii didn't eating.I try crickets,dubia,worm.
Temperature:18-20degree
Humidity:70-80%

Attachments

• 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 224
Thats about 77 degrees F, which would make a sufficient ambient temperature, however, you need to give us more information. Fill this out and we can better assist you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage construction (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
Lighting - What brand, model, and type of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
Location - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Current Problem - The current problem that you are concerned about.

Its not uncommon for a Parsons loose interest by this time of year, after a whole winter of being indoors.
Sometimes if you can expose them to a sunny window for even an hour during the earlier part of the day it may get him eating again.
They will usually take walking sticks, even when they refuse everything else, if you can get them.

Its common for parsonii to go without food for a few days.
They seem to grow in spurts and feed in spurts as well.
Just make sure they get alot of water.

temp incorrect

Thats about 77 degrees F, which would make a sufficient ambient temperature, however, you need to give us more information. Fill this out and we can better assist you.

Are you sure about the temp? I convert 18 to 20C to be 64.4 F and 68F and that seems pretty cool to me but I am not by any means a parsonni person.

Forumla to convert C to F is C*(9/5)+32=F
Forumla to convert F to C is (F-32)*(5/9)=C

Hope this helps

Does it not have a basking area where it could warm up if it needs to?? Cooler temperatures slow down the metabolism and it would naturally need less to eat. If it slows down too much it might cause problems.

His excretion is not good,and with white liquid.If it is astrointestinal problem?
And if the tempeture is not high enough? He drinking water every day.

If he is new,you should have a vet check him out anyway,fecal check,mouths are areas that need to be checked thoroughly. Temps sound fine. These guys are not big baskers and can quickly overheat if temps get too high. He is drinking and appears to be hydrated,which is the most important thing. I have had some that didn't eat for a couple months during the winter! Bottom line is get him to a vet for an examination.

Need more info. on your Parson's history.

Could be a mouth issue. An animal with mouth rot will lose interest in eating. Kinda like a human with a tooth ache. But we need to know your set up; how long you have had he/her; experience; I've had my big male go over a month without eating in winter. Sounds like he/she is well watered if runny poo. But that loss liquid needs to be replaced, so keep access to water available.
Has he/she eaten any plant leaves in the enclosure? and if so, ID plant.

And if this is one of those new arrivals, a period of acclimatization is needed. As in no handling, observation from afar, and let him/her get use to you slowly.

It sounds like he has a problem. You should get him to a good vet who is familiar with this species if possible. They are different in their needs, from most chameleons. The difference being that he could be dead a lot faster than most others. What country are you in? If i may ask. I may know someone you can talk to.

Attachments

• IMG_0147.jpg
    IMG_0147.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0146.jpg
    IMG_0146.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 132
Back
Top Bottom