parson chameleon

rocket89

does anyone know where to get one of these, im soooo jealous that some owners have them. they look amazing. i live in Cali

They are extremely rare and will cost you about $1000+ :eek: There is one for sale right now in the classfields on here I think. It's priced at about 3,000 I think!

bein new to chams i wouldnt even think about a parsons till ya can keep other chams alive.

I second that! There are experienced keepers that will not even attempt to keep one. The are a very sensitive chameleon and any mistake in their husbandry will be costly.

I second that! There are experienced keepers that will not even attempt to keep one. The are a very sensitive chameleon and any mistake in their husbandry will be costly.

Not that I am the most experienced:rolleyes: but I have some "trickier" chams and would not attempt to keep one. Besides them not being forgiving to husbandry issues and cost of the cham itself. The keepers I talk to that keep them say they spend a ton in vet bills also. This species is not for everyone including some of the most experienced keepers.

And, unless you can demonstrate your cham experience, a huge stable habitat available, and well planned breeding goals I doubt a parsoni owner would sell one to you. They are very selective for good reasons.

In all my years of working with chameleons, I have always wondered why the parsonii have the cachet that they are the most complicated species to keep. There are several species of chameleons (Some that are actually legal to have in captivity, unlike the Parson's) that have just as exacting husbandry requirements. What is the deal?

In all my years of working with chameleons, I have always wondered why the parsonii have the cachet that they are the most complicated species to keep. There are several species of chameleons (Some that are actually legal to have in captivity, unlike the Parson's) that have just as exacting husbandry requirements. What is the deal?

well for one he didnt ask about the others hes askin about parsons, an like jared also said same as you there are several others that have the same exacting husbandry requirements, all of which are out of my range, and def out of range of a new cham owner, i think the main diff is do those other chams cost up to 3 grand?

No. Some of these species should cost over $1000 but that's not the topic at hand. I'm not saying that parsonii are an easy species to keep (far from it), nor am I disparaging the past, current and potentially new owners of them, but it's puzzled me over the years why they have this untouchable 'uber-experts only' moniker. Why not others.

No. Some of these species should cost over $1000 but that's not the topic at hand. I'm not saying that parsonii are an easy species to keep (far from it), nor am I disparaging the past, current and potentially new owners of them, but it's puzzled me over the years why they have this untouchable 'uber-experts only' moniker. Why not others.

i disagree i think price has alot to do with it, i meen spendin up to 3 grand not ever takin care of any cham is not a very smart thing to do so yeah price has alot to do with it... beside husbandry issues.. and they arnt untouchable you want one im sure you could buy one an with all you know youd have a better chance of keepin one then someone whos still thinking about buyin there first cham...

Some that are actually legal to have in captivity, unlike the Parson's

Trace,

I don't disagree with the rest of what you said but there is nothing illegal about keeping C. parsonii in captivity, only exporting them from Madagascar. The origin of captive specimens may be questionable, but, for better or worse, as long as they are imported from a country other than Madagascar with CITES documents, they are legal.

Chris

They are extremely rare and will cost you about $1000+ :eek: There is one for sale right now in the classfields on here I think. It's priced at about 3,000 I think!

Ha ha that guy is FOS I inquired about his parsons for sale and all he could provide is a cell phone pic. The answers to my questions tells me he has no clue about Parsonii, and to ask that high of a price is ludacris for only owning it for a few months. Buyer beware!!!

Last edited:
I also see the setup that it is kept in is inferior for Parson keeping. Aside from it looks thin. I'm with Todnedo on this one. Probubly purchased at $2,000+ and was keeping this just as a "money move"! As Said Buyer Beware! or offer much less, and be sure to see the Chameleon alive, in person, before you purchase.

Back
Top Bottom