Parasite preventive treatment

Cannot stress how important doing a necropsy "if" she dies is..

Did the vet do a fecal?? on her?? In dogs/cats.. last test is ok, but in a sick animal you repeat as possible exposure is a chance.. Parasites are such a huge deal in reptiles, I am kind of surprised it was not part of her workup... and you don't already have at least one run by the vet.. on her..

as for the insect question.. Three weeks.. right? I don't know off the top of my head.. with the reptile parasites.. perhaps a more experienced vet, can comment on what the prepaitent period is on common problematic parasites??

so what "IS" a prepatient period? This is the timeline, point of infection to the point when could see ova.. the point of infection to reproduction of the parasites.. If say you see X and that period is a month, and only been three weeks.. since the insects.. . that is not where they came from.. Sorry..

NOTE.. Correlation, Does not always equal cause.. it can, but often does not..

Hmmm...Good thoughts. I still don't think it's parasites just because of how sudden it was, but like you say, a necropsy will only tell the truth of what happened. I will get one done if she dies.

She's somehow still alive this morning.

Good news for anyone who's been following this thread.

I've evaluated all my cham's. There are no signs of any parasites, and they are all doing fantastic ;).

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to my education on this!

Good news for anyone who's been following this thread.

I've evaluated all my cham's. There are no signs of any parasites, and they are all doing fantastic ;).

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to my education on this!

That's great news! Isn't it kind of fun to do? I have a blast when I do all mine! Lol! Getting my microscope was so exciting for me! :D Also, I hope your little boys eye is okay.. I was just reading that..

Back
Top Bottom