Panther with "Puffy" Eyes

Murrdox

I was just browsing some pictures on here and suddenly I noticed that my Panther's eyes seem to be a little "puffy" in comparison to some other pictures of chameleon eyes, and even to some pictures I have of him when he was younger. I definitely have not noticed any SUDDEN changes in his eyes at all. It just looks like he has little bags under his eyes.

I took advantage of the fact that he went to bed a little early today and snapped some pictures with his eyes closed and open. Forgive the screen in the way, I didn't want to open the cage and wake him up.

His eyes are alert, and move around frequently. He catches prey just fine. He washes them occasionally, but it's not frequent like he's trying to get something out of them. They're definitely not sunken. His poops all look really good.

Do you think I have something to be concerned about? I looked through some pictures of other people with chameleons that had eye problems. I couldn't find anything similar to my little guy. Most other problems seem to be very OBVIOUS and sever swelling, or real damage to the eye itself. I think it's pretty clear from the pictures that his eyes look nice and bright, and undamaged. He just sort of has "baggy" eyes. If this is the symptom of some minor irritation that has gone untreated, or a precursor to an infection, I want to take care of it asap though. Like I said, he's always just seemed to look this way.

Thanks for taking a look!

Attachments

• Right Eye Closed.jpg
    Right Eye Closed.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 139
  • Left Eye Closed.jpg
    Left Eye Closed.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 133
  • Right Eye Open.jpg
    Right Eye Open.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 186
  • Left Eye Open.jpg
    Left Eye Open.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 125
His eyes kind of look like he just has some extra skin around his eyes. I think my chameleon's eyes are extra large compared to some others, but he's a healthy growing boy and doesn't have a problem seeing. As long as his poop looks good, he is eating well, and no problems that you can see I wouldn't worry about it.

How old is he? I ask because I've seen pictures here of older chameleons and they seem to get that "extra heavy wrinkly" look as they get older.

Thanks for the input, guys. I'm glad to hear he just has extra-wrinkles in his eyes, and it doesn't seem like an issue.

The only time i've seen one of my guy with such eyes is when he just shedd and tried to make it disappear. I don't know if this could help you.

However, after a day, it was gone and the skin was back to normal.

Back
Top Bottom