panther on the ground

fusionf5

I have a male panther from screameleons and just put in a plant Pachira aquatica, or money tree. He has been all over it but I just caught him walking on the ground behind it than ran up the plant. I've never seen him on the ground and it was right after I put the plant in. It's all cleaned and repotted

I think he just might be exploring his new plant. As we speak my little 3 and a half month old is at the bottom of his tree exploring. I brought him into our living room and put him in front of the screen door to get some sun.:D

It's ok for them to go down and check out the bottom as long as they go back up and are not ill or having any problems.

I have a money tree as well that i was going to put into my chams enclosure, but a couple of members on the forum told me that it was slightly poisonous so i didnt put it in, so just make sure to keep checking up onn your cham and let me know if you notice anything, and if everything is good ill probably put mine in as well :D let me know

i heard that money trees are a no-no!!!:eek:

im not sure why but i think they are bad for chams!\
i would remove the money tree just to be safe.:eek:

What specifically would be poisonous in the pachira aquatica? Eating the leaves or is it thought to have a sap that can rub off into cham's eyes? I am of course referring to a panther chameleon which does not eat leaves..
Thanks!

i would like to know if anyone had any problems with this plant or anyone that has had it with no problems. And dont post i heard that you shouldnt use it.. I want experience or facts

how can a plant be toxic if if makes nuts that we can eat.....
If you go to that link thats one of many links i have found that say the one i have is fine.

Back
Top Bottom