Panther "Morph" Pictorial...

so when he 1 years old or more he will turn to blue or stay blue-green like this? i see he is kinda green now. or optical illusion? haha,idk exactly its a blue or green.

It is tough to say how he is going to mature (1 to 3 years from now). He could become more blue with age. Seems like he is on the green side now with some hints of blue.

It is tough to say how he is going to mature (1 to 3 years from now). He could become more blue with age. Seems like he is on the green side now with some hints of blue.

i wanna buy the female on,so he can mate. haha. can i breed nosybe with ambanja or ambilobe? their breed will be mixed bloodline isnt it?

i wanna buy the female on,so he can mate. haha. can i breed nosybe with ambanja or ambilobe? their breed will be mixed bloodline isnt it?

yes you will get a cross. some mite not like crosses but people will usually get the males for color and keep them as pets ,not for usual breeding purposes. and i can imagine it being tough trying to find homes for the female crosses...it woulod be fun though....

they are all the same species but you will get some color variation.

also i say get a nosybe female to see what you get, and at least you can say they for the most part nosy be , with some little variation if any. BUT he looks all nosy be to me:D

yes you will get a cross. some mite not like crosses but people will usually get the males for color and keep them as pets ,not for usual breeding purposes. and i can imagine it being tough trying to find homes for the female crosses...it woulod be fun though....

they are all the same species but you will get some color variation.

phew,should save to buy new female. haha. its quite expensive. :(

If it's too expensive to buy a female, it's too expensive for you to breed. JMO. Babies cost more than adult females if you have an averaged sized clutch and you give optimum care.

If it's too expensive to buy a female, it's too expensive for you to breed. JMO.

where there is a will there is a way...but i agree...

save up....keep at least a couple grand for breeding plus vet visits. so you dont worry later on

IMHO opninion try JIM from chameleon company. the prices are pretty good and you get a nice variation to it. if you plan to get a female.

If it's too expensive to buy a female, it's too expensive for you to breed. JMO. Babies cost more than adult females if you have an averaged sized clutch and you give optimum care.

Maybe ill buy it later. haha. should save ;)

Heres a pic of a nosy be just after being imported and another pic of him today... first pic shows red shading between the bars. Six months later and now hes solid blue with white eye turrets.

Attachments

• nosy.jpg
    nosy.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 150
  • nosy2.jpg
    nosy2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 151
I believe this thread is an offshoot of one of the pardalis morph discussions that have been happening the last day or so. First of all I must say I have not kept up with all of them so my apologies if I'm repeating something. Secondly I have not finished my coffee.

Back in the day Nosy Be imports were green and anybody that I know who has been to the island report that as well. (That's been mentioned in this thread here already) I assume that fresh Nosy Be imports should be green. Interestingly enough, there was a discussion on a different list where the captive bred offspring of normally green lizards are often blue or bluish green because of a lack of carotenoids in the captive diet. We certainly know more now about proper husbandry and nutrition and we are using high carotenoid foods in our gutload but is it enough to maintain the green wild type colouration through successive generations. Has our limited captive diet of insects and supplements (both sources of nutrients and minerals) for chameleons affected the look and colour of captive bred panthers.

Cheers,
T

I believe this thread is an offshoot of one of the pardalis morph discussions that have been happening the last day or so. First of all I must say I have not kept up with all of them so my apologies if I'm repeating something. Secondly I have not finished my coffee.

Back in the day Nosy Be imports were green and anybody that I know who has been to the island report that as well. (That's been mentioned in this thread here already) I assume that fresh Nosy Be imports should be green. Interestingly enough, there was a discussion on a different list where the captive bred offspring of normally green lizards are often blue or bluish green because of a lack of carotenoids in the captive diet. We certainly know more now about proper husbandry and nutrition and we are using high carotenoid foods in our gutload but is it enough to maintain the green wild type colouration through successive generations. Has our limited captive diet of insects and supplements (both sources of nutrients and minerals) for chameleons affected the look and colour of captive bred panthers.

Cheers,
T

I have seen some new Nosy Be imports that were blue upon arrival and some that were green upon arrival of being imported. It would not surprise me if this panther population have got both green and blue phenotypes however to what degree exhibited varies.

And you realize my male is a WC from Nosy Be, and as you can see he was green and then aged to blue?

I am by no means a cham expert but if he was green in the wild then phased to blue in captivity I would think it is either a lack of or an introduction of something different going from free to captive. Diet, light, suppliments, feeders, all those impact the overall herp right? He should/would morph to suit his current environemnt as best he could to thrive right?

Don't they loose the red as they age? Some don't loose all of it obviously, but I've seen some pretty dang red babies.

This is very interesting. I look forwards to more information on the subject.

Back
Top Bottom