Panther Macros

VerteX

Avid Member
Hi!

Continuing the series of macro photographs with another thread. This time it's our Ambilobe, Iris. These macros were taken while he was awake, although he was a bit furious at first, he calmed down as I wasn't moving too much. Working distance from the lens is about 1 inch. If you have missed the previous thread it's here at https://www.chameleonforums.com/veiled-macros-17709/.

I hope you like them. If you have any suggestions or ideas about more interesting shots, please let me know.

Thanks,
V

Exterior hind leg claw - Reminds me of metal armor plates
IMG_1428.jpg

Single claw - I really like the transparency at the tip of the nail
IMG_1427.jpg

Hind leg area
IMG_1426.jpg

The tail
IMG_1423.jpg

---

"The guy"
IMG_38186.jpg

that full body shot is really good. you have an awesome cham and are very talented with a camera :)

Rocky - Thanks for the kind words. He is really awesome.

Chris - Thanks again. I did not know you were in Cleveland! Well, I'd say go Browns if I was into football. I'm on the west-side.

What camera do you use?

I have a Canon Rebel XSI which I just got a few days ago as an early Christmas pressie and have taken some amazing shots all ready but nothing like that.

I just love those photos and your cham is stunning :)

panthercham - Thank you. I used 50D + 100mm macro f/2.8 + reverse 50mm f/1.8 for the macros. The body shot was taken with XTi + 70-200mm f/4 L IS.

You made a very wise choice to go with the XSi. It's a great tool to capture great photographs.

panthercham - Thank you. I used 50D + 100mm macro f/2.8 + reverse 50mm f/1.8 for the macros. The body shot was taken with XTi + 70-200mm f/4 L IS.

You made a very wise choice to go with the XSi. It's a great tool to capture great photographs.

Thanks...hopefully 1 day my photos will be as good as yours!

Now if I can just get my camera shy chams to co-operate and say cheese for the camera :D

Back
Top Bottom