Panther female

As far as supplements should I change them round im using arcadia and the routine .should I put her on the cal pro every feed or something

@Beman I'm feeding 3 feeders every other day which chameleon academy recommends and temps 80-82. My lay bin was previously 50/50 . Soil sand .this time it was 100 sand as I didn't have any organic soil left but I have changed that back today to 50/50 it's 10x10x8 .
You maybe could try a larger bin?
As far as supplements should I change them round im using arcadia and the routine .should I put her on the cal pro every feed or something
From Dragon Strand https://dragonstrand.com/arcadia-supplementation/ Gravid Females: As long as you have been consistently supplementing your females there is no need to change supplementation. If you increase feedings you can increase them with EarthPro-A. One may think that an increase in frequency of RevitaliseD3 would be beneficial to ensure the levels of vitamin A in the eggs. This is a reasonable thought and logical, but tests in the chameleon world are inconclusive. Some breeders report adding vitamin A to the diet to produce more viable eggs while other breeders give no vitamin A and have fully healthy clutches laid. So, at this time, we cannot say one way or the other. There is evidence for both sides.

Sure. Its in the back right. As I mentioned b4, the one thing that was different this time until I was able to change it the other day . Was the substrate this time was playsand (until change) b4 was soil sand . And also she always went to the toilet in her lay bin when it was a soil mix but not this time in the sand

Attachments

• 20210213_184621.jpg
    20210213_184621.jpg
    275.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 20210213_184748.jpg
    20210213_184748.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 65
Sure. Its in the back right. As I mentioned b4, the one thing that was different this time until I was able to change it the other day . Was the substrate this time was playsand (until change) b4 was soil sand . And also she always went to the toilet in her lay bin when it was a soil mix but not this time in the sand
So it is a pot your using or are you using a tub? She may not like it if it is a pot and she can not comfortably maneuver in it.

Well I only said how she passed eggs other members said it wasn't right. Not being funny just precise. Also as I mentioned in a previous post there is a slider turtle in the same room . If he is affecting the situation just trying to provide anything that may be relevant

Well I only said how she passed eggs other members said it wasn't right. Not being funny just precise. Also as I mentioned in a previous post there is a slider turtle in the same room . If he is affecting the situation just trying to provide anything that may be relevant
If she dropped them prior rather then laying them and that is her pattern... Then something is not right about the lay bin. I would try something different then what your using and see if that along with covering the other side of the enclosure makes her feel more secure. Even converting the enclosure to heavily planted bio active for her. Just tossing out ideas....

Unless the slider is right next to her I do not see why that would cause an issue.

Hi AmandaS she's eating and drinking basking alert . She hasn't been to the toilet since last Wednesday. She mostly looks light in colour I did notice 1 red spot on her side . Her gum line looks a bit light on it .
20210217_170359.jpg

I see some in the uk reccomending earth pro ca. And not using earth pro a (not to me ) but in general. When I changed from pro rep calcium and zoo med +d3 to arcadia I felt I was doing a good thing now I'm not sure. There are sometimes too many opinions and for someone to keep up I really don't know

So I have not heard of using the Earthpro CA at all feedings only the Earth pro A. Then 2 times a month you still need to add a multivitamin with A and D3.

I have stopped using all Arcadia products... Beman had an issue with Edema and the only thing I could figure was the issue was my use of bee pollen in everything from my supplements, gutload, and the bottom of his feeder cup. Within a few weeks of removing all pollen the edema fully subsided. But like I said this was only one of my boys that had the issue. And I do not know what else could have contributed to him having the imbalance to cause edema. But is is almost always linked to supplements.

Yeah a breeder in the uk has said no earth pro a as she has seen cases of using it linked to edema and dont QUOTE me vitamin a deficiency. They recommend using pro ca +all miner and repti vite with d3

Yeah a breeder in the uk has said no earth pro a as she has seen cases of using it linked to edema and dont QUOTE me vitamin a deficiency. They recommend using pro ca +all miner and repti vite with d3
Well it does not surprise me with the links to vit A deficiency since there is not vit A in it only carotenoids. And those have not been proven to convert to vitamin A. But thanks for the feedback on them seeing it linked to edema as well.

I am using repashy NoD for my calcium and reptivite with D3 2 times a month for my multi with A and D3.

There is also comments about high levels of carotenoids in eggs if that makes sense to you . My girl messed about from the beginning but her first 2 lays she dropped eggs then dug and laid. I started arcadia supplements in oct . And this time she is not digging or laying i dont know if the supplements have any bearing on this but will b changing . Iused pro rep calcium b4 are you familiar with it

Back
Top Bottom