Panther chameleon waste

Rorshach

Hi all,

Probably should of looked for an answer for this a bit sooner but it has not caused any noticeable health problems and has been going on for a while but I have been monitoring it since it was first noticed.

Is it normal or does anybody else's cham's from time to time have like a small amount of white/clear like gelatine like stuff come from his vent? All attempts at a clear picture have proved unfruitful thus far probably due to the colour and stuff it is made out of.

It normally just hangs string like out the vent and ends up getting wiped on a vine as he walks around or sometimes he actively will remove it himself.

Any suggestions or insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sexually mature males will create sperm plugs that they tend to leave around the cage. I would search for some pictures to confirm that is what you are seeing.

Sexually mature males will create sperm plugs that they tend to leave around the cage. I would search for some pictures to confirm that is what you are seeing.

Yup. Sounds like a regular "deposit" to me. ;) How old is your boy?

Look anything like this?
full

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey,

Yep that picture is exactly that, he's around 10-11months old and now that I know what that is I wish I hadn't touched it :/

Back
Top Bottom