Panther Chameleon Male? (5 months)

canadian1

I've had this chameleon since it was just over a month old. Was sold as a male blue bar ambilobe , by a local breeder.
But i still have second thoughts every other day. Most of the time 'its' a pale grey'ish green, or almost a brownish green with no visible bars (first pic).
IMG_0013.jpg

But when he's hunting for crickets, or gets surprised by something then you see some patterns come though. (pics below)
I tried to get a good pic of his tail in the shot but its the best i could do with my phones camera. I think i see a slight bulge near the base? some days it looks smooth from tip to vent, other days you see the slight bump. :confused:
IMG_0004.jpg
IMG_0008.jpg

I want to say male 100% just cause of the patterns, but those 'grey' days really make me second guess myself. :confused:

So my two questions are, is it male? and is it accualy a blue bar? (not alot of blue on it) Any thoughts from others more experienced would be great!

He's definitely 100% male, and a little more time will tell with his locale but he does look Ambilobe. You should see much more intense colors come in in about another month and even better still in another 3-5.

5-6 months is the point where most panther males start to change pretty dramatically.

Thanks alot for the quick replies, really good to have more opinions. Just had me confused since ive seen some at 3-5 months allready bursting with color. Guess mines just a late bloomer lol.

Thanks again!

ps. Olimpia i just realized your blog is the one ive been referencing for sexing baby panthers, its been really helpful, found it months ago googling. Funny that you would be the one to reply, small world lol

Back
Top Bottom