Panther cham tongue sticking out.

Crossingtami

Avid Member
My panther sticking tongue out while at rest. Eating and drinking normal. Do I need to see a vet? Whats going on?

Attachments

• 20201008_134831.jpg
    20201008_134831.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 69
What type of UVB T5HO or T8? What are your supplements and schedule? And have you fed hornworms that you have left on the branch?

Definitely answer those questions ^^

But another one, is he able to close his mouth and put his tongue back in?

What type of UVB T5HO or T8? What are your supplements and schedule? And have you fed hornworms that you have left on the branch?
Linear 5. Zoo med. Suppliment-repticalcium dusting 2x week. No hornworms. Crickets and meal worm as a treat

Definitely answer those questions ^^

But another one, is he able to close his mouth and put his tongue back in?
He does after he eats and drink water. But, shortly thereafter, he will hold his tongue out again. He just started this yestetdsy

What kind of calcium are you using? Calcium with or without D3? I don’t recommend mealworms either they have a hard outer shell that’s hard to digest.

Linear 5. Zoo med. Suppliment-repticalcium dusting 2x week. No hornworms. Crickets and meal worm as a treat
Focus on me for a moment. I need you to look at his UVB light and see if it says T8 or T5.
Are you only using repticalcium? Does it say with D3 or without D3.

I actually just started with the worms. Hes had only 3 within the last 4 dsys

Attach pictures of UVB and the supplement that you use.

Focus on me for a moment. I need you to look at his UVB light and see if it says T8 or T5.
Are you only using repticalcium? Does it say with D3 or without D3.
T5. Yes only repicalcium. I use both with and without. 1 time with then next time without. 2 x per week

T5. Yes only repicalcium. I use both with and without. 1 time with then next time without. 2 x per week
There is a big difference between a T5HO and a T8 which is why I asked. So if your sure that it is a T5 with a 5.0 bulb then basking should be 9 inches below it for the correct UVB level. This fixture should run the entire width of the enclosure. What are your measured distance from the fixture to the branch below it?

For your supplements they are incorrect. You should be dusting with Calcium without D3 at all feedings except 2 times a month you dust with Calcium with D3 and you need a multivitamin to dust with 2 times a month. These two get rotated week to week. Reptvite without D3 would be a good option.

There is a big difference between a T5HO and a T8 which is why I asked. So if your sure that it is a T5 with a 5.0 bulb then basking should be 9 inches below it for the correct UVB level. This fixture should run the entire width of the enclosure. What are your measured distance from the fixture to the branch below it?

For your supplements they are incorrect. You should be dusting with Calcium without D3 at all feedings except 2 times a month you dust with Calcium with D3 and you need a multivitamin to dust with 2 times a month. These two get rotated week to week. Reptvite without D3 would be a good option.

Attachments

• 16022772357021368031226990293631.jpg
    16022772357021368031226990293631.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 47
Back
Top Bottom