Panther cham life span?

joopasaur

I was thinking of getting a panther cham and i was just wondering what the average life span for them is.

strictly repeating what I've read from other sources, I'd say the average is about 5 years. Once again, I'm not sure on that though

This one pops up on here occasionally (can be a bit tricky to search for...) Males, with good husbandry, you can expect ~ 5-7 years; 8 years is the oldest I've personally heard of, but I haven't heard everything. Females a bit less; mating/egg laying will shorten their lives.
My male is 4 years, 9 months.

Bert is 8+. Not sure exactly how old, but I've had him for 8 years; I believe he was 3-4 months old when I got him.

It's heartbreaking to think my beautiful Bert is nearing the end of his life. *sigh*

I don't have any recent photos uploaded, I've been meaning to, but Bert's in recovery right now and I have been busy trying to help him get back in shape. My advice, don't be a bad person like me and assume your chameleon is drinking just because you're providing water!! I feel so terrible :( Thankfully his bloodwork came back as okay and we can continue with rehab... hand feeding and watering (+antibiotics and a booster supplement) for a few weeks! poor guy.

I posted some older photos of Bert in this thread: https://www.chameleonforums.com/grandpa-chameleon-35762/

I've had my cham for a year now and only seen him drink about 5 times in total!! Because they don't drink from a dish its so hard to monitor.

I hope the poor guy recovers and lives another while for you. Love to see him now. He was lookin mighty grand at 5.

Back
Top Bottom