Panic in the streets

Love to see the Washington post capitalize on it.

2020-03-13 19_12_47-Letter from Executive Editor Marty Baron - francisskibicki@gmail.com - Gmail.png

And a period like nothing before? The Swine Flu, was worse than this wasn't it? Sure seems that way googling it, I cant say that I remember freaking out like this though.

Just saw this, our schools closed here in PA too. Didn't read everyone's comments, but honestly this has pissed me off so much. This virus sucks, but it doesn't warrant this kind of panic. These dumbass news/media junkies are filling their houses with crap they don't need. Now families are struggling worse. F this panic. F the media for the role they've played in this BS. The mass stupidity is really showing. TURN OFF THE NEWS PEOPLE IT'S POISON

Jamest0o0 RIP coronavirus march 2020

People making panic decisions ,FREAK OUT, is why the great depression happened..... panic only begets panic...powered by the media.....who is in charge of the media.....

well yes. the Great Depression was caused by panic but of the stock market crash. Which is also about to happen any day now.

These dam sheeple will be the death of us all! There is absolutely no need to panic and every intelligent person I know understands that.

we went to the store yesterday for milk and stuff for dinner and half the shelfs were bare. All the toilet paper and most of the canned goods gone lmao. No concern to me as I have a fully stocked pantry with six months or so of supplies.

Bill

This is just me venting so if you don't want to listen run away now.
I just ran to the grocery store to pick up some veggies for this weekends dinners. It was nutz. The lines were out the doors and people were grabbing bottled water as fast as the poor employees could bring it out. A little backstory Los Angeles schools K-12 just closed for a month or so. Now I know and you probably know that water isn't going anywhere in fact we are looking at two weeks of rain ironically. This only affects me because they even sold out of distilled water. I have a few 5 gallon jugs stashed at home so no real worry there and as long as the taps are running I have RO if necessary. In fact if I go back in tomorrow after everyone comes to their senses I can get plenty. Though due to panic mode buying I will only be allowed to buy two.
So one odd thing I noticed is that as all the canned and processed shelves were being cleared I was almost the only person in the produce section. Maybe I'm calm because I eat my veggies or maybe it's because I always have an earthquake kit stocked and ready. Maybe because I'm not a crazy sheep. Probably because keeping chameleons teaches inner peace. Who knows.
Keep your heads people and wash your hands and be especially careful around our elders and those with chronic health problems.
That is all.
It is the same here on cape cod . I know precautions need to be made like wash your hands etc . Here there is no and I mean no tp , hand sanitizer or hand soap , or bleach kind of sprays to be found ANY PLACE !!. What the heck were all these people doing prior :p:unsure: . There is no can good , mayo , or soup . It’s insane . B’s ( son) school is closed for 2 weeks with day 10 evaluation whether it will reopen . It’s complete panic . I have a child with a compromised immune system . This is nuts people are panicking the Flu has taken more lives then this .

I'm currently working in a hospital as a medical device reprocessing technician. HOSPITALS are having issues getting enough industrial disinfectant wipes and N95 masks due to the panic buying. It's absolutely ridiculous. My job is all about preventing infection (namely surgical site infections), and you better bet we talk about the novel coronavirus every day at rounds and shake our heads in dismay at how badly people are reacting.

People need to calm the hell down, and the media needs to stop covering it 24/7. It's creating a staggering negative feedback loop. COVID-19 is only scary because it's new, and not well understood. Yes, it's highly infectious - but generally it's not especially virulent (severe) in a healthy individual. If the patient is compromised, yes it gets very bad. The same can be said with many strains of the flu. Of the handful of confirmed cases we have, there have been many more mild, unconfirmed cases. Several of my coworkers have had mild cases, and a few more are pending lab results.

A vaccine candidate has already been formulated, last I heard, and they'll be moving on to human trials by the summer. In the mean time: be smart, be safe. Wash your hands, don't touch your face, and if you aren't feeling well stay home! It's not rocket science.

/rant over.

Back
Top Bottom