Outside keepers, how do you deter idiots?

Forgot about this thread... thank you everyone!

I'm liking the idea of a small fence around the side of the house and possibly a camera out my window aimed.

My biggest fear is A hole kids, I was one of them at one point(I was always good to animals though)so I know how they can be. Especially a few walking by at night. I live in an upper end area, but it's back in the woods. Small house, but we pay for the land/school district. After living in the city for part of my life, I'm happy to be out here where I don't have to worry as much about break ins or anything extreme.

I'm liking the idea of a small fence around the side of the house and possibly a camera out my window aimed.

My biggest fear is A hole kids, I was one of them at one point(I was always good to animals though)so I know how they can be. Especially a few walking by at night. I live in an upper end area, but it's back in the woods. Small house, but we pay for the land/school district. After living in the city for part of my life, I'm happy to be out here where I don't have to worry as much about break ins or anything extreme.
But what about my sword?

Tbh sometimes the upper side kids can be even worse. My uncle lives in a pretty nice area and they had their garage broken in to multiple times by the neighborhood kids.
I'm jealous of your woodsy area! I'm still stuck in the city because I cant afford anything other than an apartment right now and it sucksss

Tbh sometimes the upper side kids can be even worse. My uncle lives in a pretty nice area and they had their garage broken in to multiple times by the neighborhood kids.
I'm jealous of your woodsy area! I'm still stuck in the city because I cant afford anything other than an apartment right now and it sucksss

You know, I was thinking this same exact thing. Often the rich kids are the most entitled heartless blanks out there. I'm a nice dude, but you do not want to be the person caught messing with my family or animals.

Once my boys are older I'll just put them on guard duty haha.

Another thing that crossed my mind.. maybe some sort of alarm perimeter? like if the cage moves it rings off loudly or something

You know, I was thinking this same exact thing. Often the rich kids are the most entitled heartless blanks out there. I'm a nice dude, but you do not want to be the person caught messing with my family or animals.

Once my boys are older I'll just put them on guard duty haha.

Another thing that crossed my mind.. maybe some sort of alarm perimeter? like if the cage moves it rings off loudly or something

We also bought ridiculously bright motion sensing lights... you can set the time they go off and angle them pretty well... but you also don't want a stray fox setting off 10 million lumens of WTF ARE YOU DOING when your cham is trying to sleep.

They do sell those tilt/bump alarms for cars, vehicles, and trailers.

Personally I'd be nervous about leaving my cham out all the time. I'm a nervous wreck just putting them out for a few hours if I'm not right there with them. So I'd be doing everything I can to get some piece of mind.

A moat, plus:

Attachments

• cmere.jpg
    cmere.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 116
We also bought ridiculously bright motion sensing lights... you can set the time they go off and angle them pretty well... but you also don't want a stray fox setting off 10 million lumens of WTF ARE YOU DOING when your cham is trying to sleep.

They do sell those tilt/bump alarms for cars, vehicles, and trailers.

Personally I'd be nervous about leaving my cham out all the time. I'm a nervous wreck just putting them out for a few hours if I'm not right there with them. So I'd be doing everything I can to get some piece of mind.

Haha, good idea. We have a motion sensing light already, I think 2 less bright ones and an alarm might be perfect.

I do get nervous with him out. You should see the change in behavior with a parsonii outside vs inside, it makes it worth it in my situation. I look at it as, his life is much better out there and will probably be extended as long as I keep security measures in place. He acts like a completely different animal and eats about 10x more. The montanes have a shaky history with supplements too, so I love that he gets natural sunlight, not to mention the rain, natural nighttime humidity, sunrise/sunset, etc.

For sure, I get paranoid with my Parsons. My Panthers loved outside, but also thrived inside. I see noticeable differences in Noname when he's outside, which make me want him out there as much as possible.

So there's a window next to my enclosure on the side of the house. I was thinking of putting a small motion sensor light on the inside of the window, and out a little webcam next to it. So if anyone went near it at night, a light from inside the window would turn on and they'd see a camera there. I think that would be a pretty good deterrent? My only concern would be the light turning on everytime the window blew.

Back
Top Bottom