Outside cage and RATS!

I was greatly alarmed by this story. I had a friend who was propagating a lot of albino bufo boreas toads in a cemented underground cavern type habitat. Rats chewed through and killed all the toads and devastated the project and the keeper. Do not underestimate the return of those rats. They come back to the places they find food and the search intensifies. I fear for Oscar.
As for ants, you can put a ring of cinnimon on the floor around the outside of the cage. They can't cross it. Kills them. Some bitter apple or whatever rodents hate sniffing would be good all around the outside of the porch area. A small transister radio at or just inside the cage might help for a while until they figure that one out.
Best of luck to you.

You guys have no idea-that thing on the couch is 140 lbs. of "scared of bunnies"-seriously!

I love it when animals are like this! We have 3 cats who are scared of our pet rats! The rats (when we let them out) actually chase the cats round the room! Yet they still attack wild rats. Go figure!

Time for a BB gun

wicked-bb-gun.jpg

Back
Top Bottom