oustalets or verrucosus???

i am going to custom build a cage..i was thinking around 4 to 5 ft tall,by 3ft wide and deep,is that enough room for a male of either ostalets or verrucosus? i know they both get large,ive got other chameleons but my others are montane species..

I am looking to get an oustalets or verrucosus,having trouble deciding which one. Any input?

My vote is for the verru! I've had one (look up Chazam) and he was awesome! :)

Be prepared for large feeders with which ever one you choose and make sure that you have a large enclosure! ;)

My verru was pretty shy and aggressive until I got him out. People made fun of me because I used to have to put on my golf glove to handle him... :eek:

i am going to custom build a cage..i was thinking around 4 to 5 ft tall,by 3ft wide and deep,is that enough room for a male of either ostalets or verrucosus? i know they both get large,ive got other chameleons but my others are montane species..

My cage in progress is 2.5ftx4ft and 6ft tall. I just based it on what i could light. at 6ft the first 3ft of the cage will be in the repisun 5.0 range if i use 54watts of arcadia 6% lighting.

Currently he is in a reptibreeze 24x24x48. Hes not a happy camper and i removed the front door and have several sticks sticking out 2 more ft into the room. I could only imagine trying to shoe horn him into a normal 24x24 cage. Think about it, the cham body might be 12" long and in the middle of the cage. That means at best he could do the window wiper motion before he runs out of room.

Back
Top Bottom