Our "Ampiskiana" Purple/Blue Bar

Panther Company

Established Member
Some say the locale doesn't exist. We're not sure. That's what he was sold to us as. But either way, we think this guy is awesome. He's a bit over 7 months old and is coloring up very nicely. These are his resting colors. We've not seen him fire completely, but his sleeping colors are pretty neat... I'll try to add a picture of those to this thread.

eVLSXzF.jpg

Zzwc3Lm.jpg

MyQBtME.jpg

hes pretty, he looks A LOT like my ambanja Miles

Attachments

• miles.jpg
    miles.jpg
    231.7 KB · Views: 215
  • miles1.jpg
    miles1.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 210
  • miles2.jpg
    miles2.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 221
Handsome guy. I also have an Ampiskiana and you can see by my avatar he is quite red while yours shows more blue.

Sleeping pic

Here is a sleeping pic from last night:

Smaller version:
qz1FoL1l.jpg

Bigger version of same photo:
qz1FoL1.jpg

If consensus is that he looks more like an Ambanja or Ambilobe, that'd be great because we actually have females from those locales, to pair him with, but haven't been able to find any Ampiskiana females. We're waiting to see how his colors develop, but he may end up available in the classifieds as a really beautiful chameleon of an uncertain locale and not be used in our breeding projects.

His sire

here's a (small) picture of his sire:
5UbtPye.jpg

He was CB by another forum member.

If we accept that "Ampiskiana" doesn't exist, or at least that this guy isn't one one, then I'd have to say the sire looks more like an Ambilobe to me than Ambanja... which makes it even more difficult to settle on what this guy is other than really beautiful.

We found this thread on a French forum with a male panther proclaimed to be an Ampiskiana that we think he shares a really strong resemblance to...

http://www.reptiles-zoo.com/t2216-ampiskiana

but I know they both look quite different from the one shown on CleanlineChameleons. That said, we're also aware of all the controversy surrounding CleanlineChameleons and know that they can't be taken as the definitive guide (unfortunately).

that guy looks to show the yellow and reds though I would say yours is ambanja there has been times when breeders have accidently mixed up babies so theres a possibility that the pic you posted could not be his sire or maybe the dam was ambanja and her sire had strong blue ambanja genes either way he is a beautiful boy and could make some awesome babies :D

Thanks, KaydeesChams

He does look a lot like your Ambanja. He does, however, also show some strong yellow, mainly in his beard so far, but that's not captured in any of the photos I've posted so far... I'll try to add some shortly. So far, we've not done anything to make him fire all the way. We're hoping he's actually just a really nice Amabanja with purple bars :)

before he ends up classified material, if it heads that way.. shoot me a line! that purple is BRILLIANT!

Here is a sleeping pic from last night:

Smaller version:
qz1FoL1l.jpg

Bigger version of same photo:
qz1FoL1.jpg

If consensus is that he looks more like an Ambanja or Ambilobe, that'd be great because we actually have females from those locales, to pair him with, but haven't been able to find any Ampiskiana females. We're waiting to see how his colors develop, but he may end up available in the classifieds as a really beautiful chameleon of an uncertain locale and not be used in our breeding projects.

Wow. We all know that I'm "partially" colorblind, but I thought I was looking at my banja!

a2a4uma2.jpg

ysasaba9.jpg

Hi Josh.. that's a nice looking boy ya got.. im one of the people who don't believe this local exists , to me it looks like an ambanja and a nice one.

Back
Top Bottom