Ouchhh

Reptar313

Established Member
Learned first hand their bites aren’t no joke he was super pissed me giving him his shots today took a nice chomp on my finger luckily I had a cloth cover it. Wasn’t expecting that big of a bite. Guess all that hissing and head thrusting is a fare warning huh 😂

The thanks you get for keeping him healthy 😂

How hard of a pinch would you say it is? I know they can draw blood. There was once where Morpheo tried to taste my hand after hand feeding, but that wasn't out of anger so I am sure it is different.

The thanks you get for keeping him healthy 😂

How hard of a pinch would you say it is? I know they can draw blood. There was once where Morpheo tried to taste my hand after hand feeding, but that wasn't out of anger so I am sure it is different.
Yeah no kidding lol he doesn’t know so I can’t get mad at him.
Kind of like someone pinching you I would guess if I don’t have the cloth it would have drawn blood for sure he was pissed didn’t let go for a second either. That’s the 5th shot first time getting bit also had more difficulty this time too

Oh yeah he did. He really hates it I hate having to do it too. It not so much the shot it self that goes smooth it’s the having to catch him and hold him. 5 more shots then I can leave him alone for awhile. Only good thing I did notice I didn’t feel the crackle on his chest when he was hissing at me so that’s a plus.

71aNKB43LfL._AC_SX450__kindlephoto-3430167696.jpg chameleons need to come with this

Their personalities can change quite a bit as they mature and age. My once extremely friendly boy now goes into full Raptor mode at 4 years old. So yeah I learned the hard way that they can be little biting machines. And the bite does hurt.

Their personalities can change quite a bit as they mature and age. My once extremely friendly boy now goes into full Raptor mode at 4 years old. So yeah I learned the hard way that they can be little biting machines. And the bite does hurt.
This is nothing new with him I’m not sure his age I was guessing a year or older but now I’m think he’s not quite that old. I don’t blame him though I haven’t had time to gain his trust or anything brought him home 5 days later took him to the vet and been giving him a shot every three days having to catch him and force the shot.

This is nothing new with him I’m not sure his age I was guessing a year or older but now I’m think he’s not quite that old. I don’t blame him though I haven’t had time to gain his trust or anything brought him home 5 days later took him to the vet and been giving him a shot every three days having to catch him and force the shot.
Oh no I agree with you. I had one that was 5 months when I got him... He would literally chase me out of the cage and go for fingers. I had to wear gloves always with him. He is the one that got a hold of me. Literally no matter what I did I could not build trust with him. lol

It is all personality but even the nicest Veileds male or female can change up their personality as they mature. Most become very territorial of their cage but once out and away from the cage they will settle down a bit.

Yours has a different reason for biting... He has gone through a lot and is over it. So I totally get that. Poor guy.

Oh no I agree with you. I had one that was 5 months when I got him... He would literally chase me out of the cage and go for fingers. I had to wear gloves always with him. He is the one that got a hold of me. Literally no matter what I did I could not build trust with him. lol

It is all personality but even the nicest Veileds male or female can change up their personality as they mature. Most become very territorial of their cage but once out and away from the cage they will settle down a bit.

Yours has a different reason for biting... He has gone through a lot and is over it. So I totally get that. Poor guy.
I feel like he absolutely hates me now. I hope he doesn’t get worse. Hopefully once the shots are done and he’s fully healthy he’ll gain some trust realize I wasn't trying to eat him.

Back
Top Bottom