HE PUT A CLAW ON MY FINGER MY DAY IS MADE!! 😍😂🙃🫠

Steve A

Chameleon Enthusiast
So I received my order of dubias and hornworms today. I put a few dubia in his cup, and then tried to hand feed him a hornworm. He wasn't ready to bite my head off, but he wasn't eating it from my finger either lol. So I backed off, let the enclosure stay open and then he just randomly started hustling right to me. He came up to the edge of the enclosure so I put my finger under him. He wasn't standoffish, but was also not sure. At this point I had my finger right under him. I decided to get a little 'aggressive' because he was really seeming to want to climb on me finally. He slowly put 1 claw on my finger and just kinda sat there lol. I can't really hold myself still for very long. my hands shake if I try to be real still (which he probably hates lol). I've been playing guitar for like 30 years now and I think that's a contributing factor to that. Not sure what else it would be tbh. Anyway..... so I slowly pulled my hand away, not wanting to push him further. He didnt like that. He opened his mouth and hissed at me and retreated.

I wanted to give him a break so I closed his enclosure and just kinda sat there observing him while he was eating. After he ate, he look hustled over to me again.... this time even faster than before. And again he went to the edge of the enclosure right where I was. He even put his claw on the front screen (which I have never seen him do at all ever to date). However, when I went to open the enclosure he got real angry, threatening to bite and hissed lol. So I just left. I'm not sure what this behavior is (it is TOTALLY new with him) but I feel good about it. Although he seems to really not want to eat from my hands anymore..... I feel like we are making strides with him climbing on my hand. He really seemed to 'want' to do it and was very confident in coming towards me. I think he's just still not quite sure lol Anyway.... I took some pics when I could

20231028_125339.jpg

20231028_132317.jpg
20231028_132340.jpg

Last edited:
Oh my gosh!! Congrats!!!!
Thank you lol! Baby steps. But Saturday I felt real progress. I was hoping he would do it again on Sunday. He did come over to me for a bit, but he wasn't having me open the enclosure. When I got it open he didn't behave in this manner. He just wanted his food lol.

But, we're getting there!

Thank you lol! Baby steps. But Saturday I felt real progress. I was hoping he would do it again on Sunday. He did come over to me for a bit, but he wasn't having me open the enclosure. When I got it open he didn't behave in this manner. He just wanted his food lol.

Careful what you wish for! Dude is so food motivated, he will run down to a food dish in my hand, and hold really firmly onto my hand so I won't take it away lol. And when he sees me he runs to the door with his mouth OPEN so as to save time.

This has its advantages, though-it was super easy to worm him and it's easy to check on his teeth!

Careful what you wish for! Dude is so food motivated, he will run down to a food dish in my hand, and hold really firmly onto my hand so I won't take it away lol. And when he sees me he runs to the door with his mouth OPEN so as to save time.

This has its advantages, though-it was super easy to worm him and it's easy to check on his teeth!
Yeah but I'm a sucker. My dog is attached to my hip and I don't sleep without her. If I had it my way, I'd have a branch attached to the wall coming out to the side of my pillow so Spike could be sleeping with me too 🫠😂😂😂

Slow and steady!

Back
Top Bottom