other than chams, what other reptiles are you guys into???

staysixsixsixkid

i have 11 crested geckos 4 males n 7 females and a male and female leachie, they lil guys still only like 4 months old maybe 5 i forgot their bdays. 3 of my most insanely colored crested females are about to lay eggs i cant wait to see the craziness of the colors of what comes out of those lil eggs.

oops i pu this in the wrong part of the forum and dont know how to delete it..

GO CRESTED GECKOS WOOOOOOO! I am up to 13 babies and 10+ adults. I also have leopards and a tokay.. white lined.. bearded.. ball python.. LOL

You also have leachies? Lucky duck. I'm saving up for one!

Ok lost count on the beardies, probably 60, including babies, crested geckos, love these guys, tortoises everywhere, and we have just gotten numerous milli milli and levis levis. Which are Australian geckos. VERY COOL. Oops forgot my leopard geckos and gargoyle geckos. 4 bed house and dining room (beardie room) for me and my husband. lol. Ask me what i do besides clean,bath, and feed.

Wow! Why so many beardies?

Thats 3 beardys Syn :)

Chamlover, its Nephrurus milii :) One Milii, One 'L', two 'i's' :D

Mine are all breeding well this year, 5 hatchlings and 8 eggs in the fridge!
Nephrurus levis levis are nice too, I dont keep knobtails anymore though. :)

I keep a leopard gecko, ball python, and savanna monitor, not much in the reptile department besides my chams, I keep a few insects (phasmids, roaches, etc.) but in the end all the spares turn into feeders. So they are multipurpose pets :D

I have been interested in some Erpeton tentaculatus that they just got in at my local reptile shop.

Jo, I read it as this:

Ok lost count on the beardies, probably 60, including babies

O____O

I read
2.1 Beardie
*shrugs* must be a few clutches.
If you include babies/eggs then my count is similar. :)

Current

V. Acanthurus 1:1:16
P.Vitticept 2:2:50 something
T. Rugosa 2:2
N.milii 2:4: 13
E.Macquarii 1:0
C.longicollis 0:1
C.calyptratus 1:0
P.barbata 0:1
M.vareagata 1:0
A.Stimpsonii 1:1
L. cearulea 1:1

Last edited:
I read *shrugs* must be a few clutches.
If you include babies/eggs then my count is similar. :)

Current

V. Acanthurus 1:1:16
P.Vitticept 2:2:50 something
T. Rugosa 2:2
N.milii 2:4: 13
E.Macquarii 1:0
C.longicollis 0:1
C.calyptratus 1:0
P.barbata 0:1
M.vareagata 1:0
A.Stimpsonii 1:1
L. cearulea 1:1

Dan what are all of these?? I am not well versed I guess.

All i have other than chameleons are 11 beardies (6 need homes:):) ), 2 uromastyx, 2 leopard geckos. Strays keep showing up here, anyone want a beardies or 2 or maybe a nice pair of leopard geckos?

Only a leopard gecko. They're not reptiles, but we have three newts (Oregon, paddletail and Spanish ribbed) and a tiger salamander. I'm hoping to get a non-crestie Rhacodactylus (probably gargoyle) within the next year or so. Want a beardie and a knight anole someday; am in no rush.

2 Redfoot tortoises, a beardie, a uromastyx, a jungle cornsnake, a tangerine honduran milksnake, and an albino tangerine honduran milksnake.

Laurie, They are....(pics not all mine, examples only)

V. Acanthurus 1:1:16 Ridgetailed monitors
acanthurus10.jpg

P.Vitticept 2:2:50 something beardys (inland) Pic Mine
16j0bpw.jpg

T. Rugosa 2:2 shingleback skinks
9739796.jpg
Pic Mine

N.milii 2:4: 13 Barking Geckos {pic mine}
definate-bmp-1397_600_450.png

E.Macquarii 1:0 NSW Shortneck turtle
tn_img_6713.jpg

C.longicollis 0:1 east coast longneck turtle
dluhokrcka_australska.jpg

C.calyptratus 1:0 Homer (veiled)
newest_fire_019.jpg
Pic Mine

P.barbata 0:1 Eastern/coastal Bearded dragon
Pogona-barbataSML.jpg

M.vareagata 1:0 Darwin (locality) python
Melinko.jpg

A.Stimpsonii 1:1 anteresia complex python
astimsoni3.jpg

L. cearulea 1:1 Green tree frogs
green-tree-frog.jpg

Ive downgraded my collection dramatically in the past year due health.

Last edited:
Great animal, become very placid, almost dog like in captivity, mine wander freely when the dogs are not about. They do have long periods of very little activity, middle of the day when they normally seek shelter from heat.
They do need enviromental stimulation, stuff to dig in, occasional swim, hiding fruit ect, otherwise they can sulk. I give them a tennis ball in their enclosure to push around, they seem to enjoy it.
Drink rarely, omnivorous diet, mostly veg/fruit, snails, chilled bugs, occasional wet dog food.
Like lots of heat, but like anything else, cooler spots aswell.
Dont do well outdoors in high humidity areas due prone to RI's.
Excellent kids pet, rarely if ever even try to bite. Can pee/poo on you if not handled right. They hate to feel unbalanced, flat hand/arm beneath is best, they like all 4 feet on the ground.
Slow to mature, breed best in trio or colony unless bonded very early. Wild pairs are generally monogamous, but they will mate others in captivity.
For kids 10/10
For adult keepers who dont expect too much 9/10 :)

Heres a feature I did about them for a freinds website
http://bamboozoo.weebly.com/feature-shingleback-skinks.html

Last edited:
I have 9 leopard geckos (and hopefully many more babies by this summer!), my Jackson's chameleon, 4 crested geckos (hopefully one more from the January show), and in theory, a baby panther cham too. I plan on getting a small collection of African fat-tailed geckos too at the coming shows.

But with my roommate, we have a ball python, 2 corn snakes, 3 bearded dragons, and thousands of feeder insects lol.

Back
Top Bottom