other reptiles in with chameleons??

leela

is there any type of reptile i can keep in with my chameleon, if not can i just introduce a young male in with her, she is a year old but really small

bluntly, no.

and it is because chameleons are very territorial and will either dominate the other or be really stressed out.

in general its just a bad idea

No its a bad idea...they are solitary creatures.

How is your cham now? I remember you were having some health issues with her....

ok, shes ummm ok thanks for asking. i thort u could put males in with females?? the reason i want to is to eat the food she cant eat, catch etc. and also to make the most of the cage itself, its so big and she doesnt move really

putting another chameleon in there is a really bad idea, especially a male because they are very territorial.

Males are territorial and with 'mother nature' and 'the birds and the bees' she wouldn't cope very well with carrying eggs, digging and egg laying especially with any lingering health issues or if anything it may put her in danger :(

Do you cup feed or free range your feeders?

i had a buddy who had a crested gecko and a male vieled together. the gecko would come out at night and the vieled in the day. and they where housed for about 2 years. but i would not take the chance with housing another rep

I get Golddust Geckos. and other different kinds of lizards in and out of the cage. Doesn't ever seem to bother them. The males that are older tend to not like being around each other, so keep them in separate cages. Females depending on age can be housed together.
It depends what species it is too. I would always be wary.

ok, shes ummm ok thanks for asking. i thort u could put males in with females?? the reason i want to is to eat the food she cant eat, catch etc. and also to make the most of the cage itself, its so big and she doesnt move really

Glad to hear she is doing alright:)

You should house your chameleon by itself as they are solitary animals. If you were to house anything smaller with her, she might even eat it.

Anytime you house two animals together, you run the risk that they will compete for food, water, and space. Your chameleon simply cannot afford to be deprived of any of the above.

Hope this helps.

Vince
Screameleons

i have one little frog and one house gecko in a mellers cage wich is very large these to were meant to be dinner but that was a year ago i dont think the mellers knows they are there but i wouldnt house chams with anything

Back
Top Bottom