Other feeders

mczoo

Avid Member
I realize this has probably been asked a thousand times before but here goes. Besides crikets what are the best 3-4 types of staple feeders for chams particularly Jackson's

Thanks for your patience

Sean

Best staples would be silkworms, roaches and superworms. By the numbers, phoenix worms would be the best but they are very small and unless the cham breaks the skin, they will pass right through their digestive tract undigested. Probably others that just aren't coming to mind.

Silk worms and roaches are about the only other two staples that can be used...many other feeders lack certain nutrients. I do not know for sure if horn worms or phoenix worms can be used as staples but I know both are pretty good for your cham. Only feed supers and butter-worms occasionally for snacks

-chris

thank you,

I will be at the cleveland ohio reptile show tomorrow looking for alternate feeders for pokey

The best staples are silkworms, roaches, crickets, and superworms, probably in that order (debatable!, I know). They have the best nutrients ratio to other feeders. They all have ther pros and cons - gutload ability, calcium to phosphorous ratios, breedability, smell, etc. Hornworms and waxworms are high in fat and should usually only be used as treats. Mealworms are useless.

Basically, a variety is best. I try to rotate to keep everyone on their toes.

I would agree with aeveryone else. It really took a lot of coaxing for me to get my jacksons to eat anything but crix. Usually what I did was offer a crick then put another type in his mouth. I dont know if the worms just didnt move enough for him or what.

Back
Top Bottom