Oscar is 7 months!!

Np, I've only seen the "mini mantis" as they called them in there twice but man did Athena and Ares love those little buggers :LOL:. My first intention was breeding them for future feeders but after talking to @Andee we were both pretty sure they were Chinese mantis which are permit required and only avail to zoos, museums and the like for our state. So I fed off all 24, especially after reading some of the stories of larger specimens being fed to chams.

You can get chinese mantids just about everywhere, however they are a highly invasive species and have already destroyed most of the local mantid populations. So yeah XD It's easy to keep chinese and get them, they aren't legal by far, and permits to get them are expensive for us common folk and require a lot of jumping through hoops.

I love the feeder cups from full throttle feeders as well!! I bought 4 of them, one for each of my boys as their Christmas presents!! They work awesome and all of them took to them immediately:) I love how the crickets are now just not running around and possibly chewing up things and nibbling on my Cham!! I use Exo Terra tanks so I just posted a quick picture of how I got them to stay in there, they also have magnets for screen enclosures! B0FB9DBD-609A-4581-9454-1BCF721B7F9B.jpeg

I love the feeder cups from full throttle feeders as well!! I bought 4 of them, one for each of my boys as their Christmas presents!! They work awesome and all of them took to them immediately:) I love how the crickets are now just not running around and possibly chewing up things and nibbling on my Cham!! I use Exo Terra tanks so I just posted a quick picture of how I got them to stay in there, they also have magnets for screen enclosures!View attachment 196689

I :love: seeing your enclosures. I need to pester you on your ver pic thread again soon too :LOL:.

I just got the chance to sit down and read through this post again sense I posted.

I am glad that everyone has found their chams butter worms! I knew nothing about them as that is not something I have offered yet, and had not looked into for Feeders For Friends.

After reading everyone's posts I will be looking into them to offer to my Peepers and Dragon Stawshoe!!

Are they really as good as 4 crickets? I thought they where only a once and a while thing, but I might have them mixed up with wax worms??

@Katacara all of my boys go crazy for the butters I actually just ordered 100 through a guy on ebay, I will let you know how they are! I usually order them from rainbowmealwoms but wanted more than 50 and it was a better price through the eBay guy! I love them for variety, they smell sweet and last over a month in the fridge. Though they are definitely not a staple for me, you can’t gutload them that I know of which is a little concerning to me personally.

Oh heck if @Andee can't breed them with all her experience and knowledge... I'm not even going to try!!

If we can't get breeding ones here in the states, maybe we should all ban together and send someone there to "smuggle" some back LOL

Ok so I became curious, unfortunately the internet isn’t as reliable as we all believe lol and I found lots of different info. On the butter worms and their fat amount. I never saw it as a problem as long as you give them a varied amount of feeders.

I’m also curious on the feeding cups can you put all different types of feeders in there.

Attachments

• 3DC1F526-B995-45ED-8EC2-332A7D558ECE.jpeg
    3DC1F526-B995-45ED-8EC2-332A7D558ECE.jpeg
    420.1 KB · Views: 70
  • 82203B3E-0B49-407A-A5B7-299DA8D20E45.jpeg
    82203B3E-0B49-407A-A5B7-299DA8D20E45.jpeg
    355.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Ok so I became curious, unfortunately the internet isn’t as reliable as we all believe lol and I found lots of different info. On the butter worms and their fat amount. I never saw it as a problem as long as you give them a varied amount of feeders.

I’m also curious on the feeding cups can you put all different types of feeders in there.
I’m sure there still fine as a treat
Mine is still being picky with crickets, I’m going to try silk and butter worms to mix it up
I currently also use supers as a snack

You can't CJ, they are irradiated before coming so that they become sterile. But they eat only specific plants. And the space wouldn't be an issue, I would love to raise them. But my fiance would probably love it less XD

You can't CJ, they are irradiated before coming so that they become sterile. But they eat only specific plants. And the space wouldn't be an issue, I would love to raise them. But my fiance would probably love it less XD
I wonder how they do the radiation, and I wonder what the collection process is like.

You can look it up online. The radiation process is something simple like xrays, it doesn't take much to make them sterile. But it is absolutely awesome to watch the collection process. They are a good buisness for those in Chile.

You can look it up online. The radiation process is something simple like xrays, it doesn't take much to make them sterile. But it is absolutely awesome to watch the collection process. They are a good buisness for those in Chile.
Definitely will look it up! Thanks!

I have put crickets and supers in the feeding cups with great results!! I do have the cups placed a little lower so they can see inside the bottom cup part in case some don’t make it up the climbing wall! I love them, it was a great Xmas present:) I still feed silks, horns and butters by just placing them on branches around the enclosure! Also I find dubia do not get eaten not matter what cup I put them in, so they just get dropped in right in front of them(y)

Back
Top Bottom