Ordering silkworms online?

JRM71085

I need good ideas on websites you can trust and the best available. Also I have a mulberry tree in my yard could I use the leaves to feed them or should I order food too with them? My veiled chameleon is 3 months. Should I order the silkworms as small babies? How fast do they grow?

order small silkworms. You can keep them from growning by not feeding them every day. They are a good feeder. I order from Coastal Silkworms, they are in FLA and CAL. I know there is a silkworm breeder up by you but cannot think of their name at the moment!! You can use the leaves, just make sure you are gonna have enough leaves to sustain them for atleast a month or so. If not get some chow for back up.

Thank you! So I think im going to order the small silkworm kit? 100 silkworms food and a container? What do you think?

Are you going to order the pod you mean that comes with the food? If you do, you cannot slow down their growth at all cause they have access to the food 24/7 unless you remove them, which you will find will be a big headache. I order my food seperate, and then get 100 silks and divide them into two decently size tupperware containers. I don't even put any lids on them and they never try to crawl out. You would think they would, but they don't. No humidity ever builds up in the containers this way like it can in the pod sometimes. This is just my opinion on what I like to do. I am sure people get the pods and like them.

I ordered from lady Silkworm and she is a GREAT person to buy from! The only thing I have to tell you is watch for heat. This last time I got mine in there was many dead because of the heat and usps is unreliable. Lady Silkworm actually lives in NY so I would def deal with her!

Back
Top Bottom