Orchids

nightcrawler

Avid Member
So i went to the orchid show today and i got one, and my mom got like 3.
the one i got is a Zygo blazes blue go blue haze x
this is what i think the flower looks like ( http://www.notsogreenthumb.org/contrib/orchid_html_files20/zygo_blue_blazes.htm )
I bought the smaller one that you grow yourself for $5.

Any idea if they are all safe or only a few are safe to put in your cage?
Also how would i like cover the plant so that the wood chips and stuff dont get eaten by Nightcralwer?
Anything special i should do that make these grow the best? Leave them out of my cage?

Also how would i like cover the plant so that the wood chips and stuff dont get eaten by Nightcralwer?
Anything special i should do that make these grow the best? Leave them out of my cage?

As for the woodchips, do they have to be there or can they be repotted? Grow the best? Probably would be best if they were left outside - do you know if they are a sun plant or anything?

Yes the do need to be there. This plant, to my understanding, does not grow in dirt like a lot of orchids. But i have chosen to not put it in my cage. Thanks anyways.

Are the flowers poisonous if eaten? I have a small orchid that's growing on a peice of driftwood that would be a nice addition to my new cage setup. My Yemen doesn't seem to want to eat flowers/folage in general at this point. I keep putting "yummy plants" in there and he has no insterest.

I'm just a little wary of putting it in there without knowing if it's safe or not, if at one point he desides to chomp down on it.

Back
Top Bottom