open mouth

katepalmer

open mouth ......sat as normal , wont eat worms from me, but did take quite alot of water this morning from me via the water spray !!!! im brand new at this and im so worried .......:(sausage is 5 months old and is a boy , feed on crickets and ax orms, temps are fine , butthe house is boiling so opened windows.... hes not in a draft spot at all ........ please help me x x hes not panting or making any noise x x x

You say temps are fine, but what are they? what species?
They gape to cool down or if they have a respiratory problem.
please fill out the form in my signature line and provide more information. :)

You aren't spraying water into the chameleon's mouth are you??
You have to be careful that they don't aspirate water.

When you say "open mouth" what do you mean? Is he doing nothing but sit around with his mouth open? Or do you sometimes see him open his mouth for reasons you don't understand?

If your house is really warm turn off any light you might have provided for heat...he doesn't need it anymore. He does need "sunlight" and some bulbs provide that...but if it's really warm, maybe you can move him out onto the patio or something so he can be in natural sunlight for awhile?

If you live in a place that is warm now I cannot think of a better thing to do for your babies than put them outside and let them get some natural sun (make sure they have a place to escape to and hide if they feel too hot)

Last edited:
Do you have a digital thermometer?? What does it read in the basking spot?

The form jojackson told you to fill out will be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom