Oops - Kinyongia Boehmei

I think Chamaeleon terrible twos start on day two. These guys have been off-the-wall! One was climbing on the “ceiling”… No idea how it managed to get to the top screen. I scooped him up and put him back on the plants. 30 minutes later he’s on the screen again. HOW!? I go to remove him from the screen and one runs up my arm and tries to climb out of the bin. Jeez Louise! I can’t wait to put these guys in their own bins.

I think Chamaeleon terrible twos start on day two. These guys have been off-the-wall! One was climbing on the “ceiling”… No idea how it managed to get to the top screen. I scooped him up and put him back on the plants. 30 minutes later he’s on the screen again. HOW!? I go to remove him from the screen and one runs up my arm and tries to climb out of the bin. Jeez Louise! I can’t wait to put these guys in their own bins.
Wish I had your problems. 😅

Gave Desi a long stick bug. He got it by the leg, grabbed its body in his mit, and pulled off the leg to eat it. He held the stick in his hand for 2 minutes or so, while he ate some BSFL. I thought for sure ge would drop it and not eat it, but once he finished the BSFL he lifted his mit and finished off the stick bug like it was a turkey leg.

I can never capture the full process... but these guys often use their mits to eat larger or unruly prey. I’ve witnessed them using their mits to pull stuff out, too! They dont like isopods - and they dont realize it right away... so then they use their mits to try to spit and pull it out of their mouth. Really interesting little guys.

B5AABCB2-B59E-42EB-A629-9F57C205AC31.jpeg

I have been checking the eggs and checking the eggs and checking the eggs....Waiting for number nine to hatch. We’ve all but given up and thought number nine was a loss.

As I’m checking on the baby bin today… counting and then re-counting four and five times… Number nine has been in the bin the whole time!

So we have had a 100% hatch rate! Everybody seems to be doing well and the fruit flies are disappearing from the bin each day. We’re going to move them into individual bins this weekend, which will be around the two week mark.

Number one is clearly the chosen one. So much character, and it never fails that if I’m looking in the bin or I open the bin it’s running up my arm or running to the corner to check me out. Very curious and lots of personality!

Another video of the babies at around 2 weeks old. Some of the clips are sped up a bit (or it would be a long video!). The baby with the red marks on its tail is baby #1 (the chosen one), and the baby with a green blob on its back hip is #2. After that they hatched together and we stopped marking them. Sometimes it is difficult to see... but if you look closely you might be able to differentiate the males and females. Females have a red head and are greener, males are mostly brown with little bits of green blush on their cheeks and sometimes a little bit on the sides.

Another video of the babies at around 2 weeks old. Some of the clips are sped up a bit (or it would be a long video!). The baby with the red marks on its tail is baby #1 (the chosen one), and the baby with a green blob on its back hip is #2. After that they hatched together and we stopped marking them. Sometimes it is difficult to see... but if you look closely you might be able to differentiate the males and females. Females have a red head and are greener, males are mostly brown with little bits of green blush on their cheeks and sometimes a little bit on the sides.

O!M!G! Could they be any cuter?! So many thanks for sharing all the baby sweetness! 💗💞

OMG they are precious! So do they really move that quickly or did you speed up the video? Are you keeping the "chosen one"?

OMG they are precious! So do they really move that quickly or did you speed up the video? Are you keeping the "chosen one"?

I sped up certain parts to 2x speed... mostly when they are traversing the big leaves... but there are some at normal speed. They are fast when they want to be, or when annoying each other!

I’m not sure what this coloration means on Lucy. She doesn’t wear it often... its been about 7.5 months since her last clutch (that I’m aware of, at least). I’m thinking maybe gravid. She hasn’t mated in my care. Idk - but here she is in her polka dotted glory.

B88B10C4-9439-4478-B576-5256221A97F5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom