Only $750?

pssh

Avid Member
Whatttt? Why are they so cheap?!?!

kingsnake.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I would venture to guess this about the going rate in that type of place for a "CB" parsonii.

If you were to import one it would be much more expensive than the 750$

Add in import/export license-100$
Designated port exception permit, if needed-100$
Inspection fees depending on port-175$ to 230$
Shipping we will just say 400$
If you need to pay for their cites documents-100$

Just round that to say 1500$

IF you are importing to resell then tack on another 1000 to 1500$ for importing such a rare and sought after species and you get your normal 2000-3000$ animal.

I see. I wasn't sure how much all that other stuff was... Well, if anyone has some extra money...

Bangkok?

I'd like a couple of Parsons but sending money to someone I don't know in Bangkok, Thailand is not something I'll be doing. Does anyone here know that importer/exporter?

Good to know!

Good to know....thanks for the heads up! These days there are a lot more people out there trying to do scams. I buy and sell vintage glass from time to time and have gotten some of it from outside the USA. I've had a few wackos try to scam me by offering what looks like a legitimate item. Once you send your money to another country it's not easy to get it back. It hasn't happened to me, but I know some fellow collectors that got ripped off. I've gotten very leary of dealing with anyone I don't personally know that is outside the USA (outside of my fellow forum members, of course!)

Francois has weak and strong points. Baron Munchausen is something coming in mind a bit thinking about him so independently verify facts is always good idea because in past he was not always linked with reality. However he knows a lot about chameleons and has contacts (and enemies) in Madagascar from past to get them either way. I would not hesitate purchase from him but before paying is wise to let control copy of export permit by local CITES authority and ask if import will be allowed.

Back
Top Bottom