Online crickets

lynyrd cham

anyone know of a good site to order live crickets in bulk? I've tired to search but most places got bad reviews or $20 or more for shipping which defeats the purpose of going to the pet store. Any suggestions will help. Thanks.

Ghanns. Those banded crickets never seem to die. I used to go to the pet store thinking it saved me money, but the shipping turned out to be well worth it.

Josh's Frogs in my banded cricket supplier. I always get way more than I pay for and I'm on my 3rd or 4th order with them and incredibly, I have no had one dead cricket. I run out before a single one dies.

I do buy in smaller quantities every other week for my baby panther. My last order was for 250 1/2" size crickets and 50 super worms. Just under $22 with 1 business day shipping. I order Thursday evening for a Saturday morning delivery.

Flukers farms is the least expensive I've found. I get 1000 for $24 shipped.

Not to tread jack the OP, are those banded crickets? I went to their site, in smaller quantities, they cost more than my supplier, but in same quantity (1000) are with $1 of each other.

I have been real happy with the banded crickets - no dead ones yet, clean and no smell. I'm always looking for second source, just in case. (y)

Josh's Frogs in my banded cricket supplier. I always get way more than I pay for and I'm on my 3rd or 4th order with them and incredibly, I have no had one dead cricket. I run out before a single one dies.

I do buy in smaller quantities every other week for my baby panther. My last order was for 250 1/2" size crickets and 50 super worms. Just under $22 with 1 business day shipping. I order Thursday evening for a Saturday morning delivery.
(Don't take this as discrediting your review. I have heard a lot of good about Josh's Frogs) Personally I had bad luck with Josh's Frogs. For some reason both times they came I would get 900ish of 1000 dead even though they never sat outside. They gave me a refund immediately when I asked for it so they have great customer service. All I would say is just watch the weather when you order. This is why I switched to LLLReptile. I haven't had more than 10 dead on arrival other than the one time I was away and didn't get them in immediately (It was actually funny though as they messed up and sent me 2000 instead of the 1000 I payed for and I don't think they knew so I got an extra 1000 for free)

In my opinion a good insect provider will check with you about the temps in your area and be aware of their temps, and then check themselves of the temps in your area, and then provide the correct temperature controlling device (cool pack or heat pack, or do neither). But I am very aware large providers do not do these things.

(Don't take this as discrediting your review. I have heard a lot of good about Josh's Frogs) Personally I had bad luck with Josh's Frogs. For some reason both times they came I would get 900ish of 1000 dead even though they never sat outside. They gave me a refund immediately when I asked for it so they have great customer service. All I would say is just watch the weather when you order. This is why I switched to LLLReptile. I haven't had more than 10 dead on arrival other than the one time I was away and didn't get them in immediately (It was actually funny though as they messed up and sent me 2000 instead of the 1000 I payed for and I don't think they knew so I got an extra 1000 for free)

No worries, everyone had had a good or bad experience with some vendor or dealer at some point in time. (y)

I would like to clarify, I order and pay for a quantity of 250 crickets. They send me about 325 in the box. I do have a few DOA (5-10?) but the vast are OK. When I said I never had any die I was referring to those that survived the journey. Every week I clean out the keeper in preparation for the next batch I don't ever find any dead bodies. :p

Never had a single DOA cricket from ghanns personally. Infact it usually takes 2 weeks or so before i even get one dead in the bin. My only issue with banded crickets is during the day they all freeze movement, it's almost creepy they stay very still. If you try to grab them they jump higher than the regulars and then are very active at night. They gutload the best that i've seen though.

I also definitely find banded crickets to be way less death prone. My problem with them is their agility and how quickly they drop legs when handled. I've ordered them from rainbow mealworms and Josh's.

I free range my chameleons almost 100% of the time so they either eat from cups or more often hand fed. Both are easier with domestic crickets than banded. I think bandeds are superior in pretty much all other aspects though.

Back
Top Bottom