One hell of a scare!

Champeleons

I came home from work to check on the Chams, everything looked ok, then Zeus started to open his mouth, kind of looked like a yawn(it was not a gape, & he shouldnt have been overheating, temp is 78), then he did it again, & his throat expanded, & got really rigid & red, kind of looked like a penis inder the skin, even protruded past his mouth!:( He opened & closed his mouth about 5 times, looked very uncomfortable & i was mortified, kept asking him if he was ok(he didnt answer). Lasted about 30 seconds, then subsided & i could breathe again. I never thought of taking a pic, i was too scared, hopefully someone can tell me what it was? He has been drinking & eating well, there were 3 or 4 leaves with water on them from the dripper, but i misted the cage afterwards & he did drink. Thoughts?:eek:

From your description , looks like he was sartled by you entering the room and simply gaped . I assume his colours intensified at the same time. The protrusion in the neck is the Hyboid bone , that the tongue is retracted on. He was simply freaking out a little.

Well, that both relieves me & makes me sad at the same time. I dont want to freak him out!:( I actually had been watching him for about 5 minutes when he did it, so i dont know what stressed him, i was as still as possible:confused:

Back
Top Bottom