HELP! On cameras I can see Chameleon eating dirt while im in class!!!

lurker9090

AHHH!!! I just checked my chameras and see my cham getting mouth fulls of dirt and possibly BARK. IM SO SCARED. SHould i leave class? He did it once this morning and i thought it was just a quirk and he was hungary but hes doing it again:( i think theres bark in it cause this morning when he did it i heard a crunch... I was mortified sitting infront of his enclosure questioning if i should stick my hand in his mouth but I wasnt sure.

He had his second dose of d3 sinse getting him a month ago two days ago. He gets calcium on all thr 15 days inbetween d3 dosings. His insects have been so healthy. gutloaded crickets, BSF, hornworms once in awhile, small superworms as a treat. Only supplementing crickets as the BSF already have calcium

All poops.urates SO healthy looking. I posted a week ago hot i saw him gaping, sinse fixing his temps, all gaping has 100% STOPPED.

WHAT IS WRONG.

So as long as the dirt is 100% organic and has no added stuff (chemicals, perlite), you should be fine. My guy does it and so do plenty of other chams.

For some this seems to be an issue. Get some good sized river rocks that are too big to be eaten and cover the soil in your plants with them.

Back
Top Bottom