Omg worst scare ever!!

gooslapa

I got this dude a little early for his age.. so im super cautious of everything.. well.. his cage is a little too big for him, so i feed him in a plastic bin INSIDE his cage.. with appropriate foliage for him to climb and also have shade if he wants.. well, its close to lights out. i had to feed him and leave today to run errands so he's been in the "feeding chamber" for a good amount of time.. anyways. i go to check on him.. theres still three more crickets in there AND he's NOT moving.. i try not to panic.. i tell myself, "its late.. its almost bed time.. he's under one of the leaves so its shady and dark.. maybe he's tired". i pull the bin out (trying not to freak) NO MOVEMENT! i start to slowly invert the cage to see if he'll climb up. but his eyes are closed and he's STILL NOT MOVING! frozen, i yelled for my roomy "OMG HE'S DEAD, OMG!"(like he could do anything to help) and im not gunna lie.. i started to tear up lol. i turned the bin one more time and touched his little toe, and poof! little dude snaps awake and starts climbing up to the top :) OVERJOYED, i took the top off and he climbed up onto my hand eagerly all like.. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAD haha i lifted him up onto one of his branches and started to mist him a little. he stopped to enjoy until i was finished and even gave a little poop before he climbed up towards his sleep spot :cool: i guess this little dude is getting used to me AND his schedule. I WAS SWEATINNNNNNNG!! :eek:

lol. Get used to it. They will still give you a scare when they are all grown up to. It is not just a baby thing! Yes, they will freak you out every chance they get!!!

lol. Get used to it. They will still give you a scare when they are all grown up to. It is not just a baby thing! Yes, they will freak you out every chance they get!!!

Thanks for the warning.. i'll brace myself for the years to come!

I know exactly how you feel! I had the same thing happen with both my chams now... Marimo fell asleep two hours before lights out (The lights go off a bit later than they used to because I come home a little later and still want them to have some time to eat more food long before bed)...

The other is the sick one, and she fell sleep on my husband's arm and would not move at all. I had almost the exact same scare, but after poking her tail she woke up and uncurled it!

Glad to know everything was fine with your little dude :D

I know exactly how you feel! I had the same thing happen with both my chams now... Marimo fell asleep two hours before lights out (The lights go off a bit later than they used to because I come home a little later and still want them to have some time to eat more food long before bed)...

The other is the sick one, and she fell sleep on my husband's arm and would not move at all. I had almost the exact same scare, but after poking her tail she woke up and uncurled it!

Glad to know everything was fine with your little dude :D

isn't it the worst! lol
i didn't know what i was gunna do.. i thought I was gunna shrivel up and die:eek:
do you have any pics of your chams?

isn't it the worst! lol
i didn't know what i was gunna do.. i thought I was gunna shrivel up and die:eek:
do you have any pics of your chams?

I felt the exact same! Chameleons never cease to make their owners worry it seems :p

I have 4 pictures of marimo here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/marimo-ellioti-98921/
And pictures of Yuki can be found here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/con...-pet-store-week-100998/index4.html#post930434 (She's looking loads better now, but is still fairly thin... hopefully the next time I post pictures, she will look like a normal, healthy veiled :) )

I need a better camera... maybe one day!

I felt the exact same! Chameleons never cease to make their owners worry it seems :p

I have 4 pictures of marimo here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/marimo-ellioti-98921/
And pictures of Yuki can be found here: https://www.chameleonforums.com/con...-pet-store-week-100998/index4.html#post930434 (She's looking loads better now, but is still fairly thin... hopefully the next time I post pictures, she will look like a normal, healthy veiled :) )

I need a better camera... maybe one day!

aww cuties! little girl is lucky you rescued her. looking back i definitely remember reading that thread and hoping you'd decide to go for it, glad you did! im in the same boat with the camera phone thats why im lacking pics

Haha.. I totally understand how is your feeling, you are not the only one. I remenber when me and my boyfriend got our panther from the reptile show. The breeder put him in a paper take out box for us to take home. After 45mins, my boyfriend open the box and see this very pal white looking chameleon laying flat with his eyes closed. Boyfriend panic and screamed " its died!!!" So he started to PoKe him and and ..."Hissssssssssss". All 3 of us freak out and he almost drop the box from his hand. My poor new baby was sooo scared and mad :mad:. He open his mouth wide and keep hissing at us for a whole minute. haha... I still laugh when I think of that moment.

Haha.. I totally understand how is your feeling, you are not the only one. I remenber when me and my boyfriend got our panther from the reptile show. The breeder put him in a paper take out box for us to take home. After 45mins, my boyfriend open the box and see this very pal white looking chameleon laying flat with his eyes closed. Boyfriend panic and screamed " its died!!!" So he started to PoKe him and and ..."Hissssssssssss". All 3 of us freak out and he almost drop the box from his hand. My poor new baby was sooo scared and mad :mad:. He open his mouth wide and keep hissing at us for a whole minute. haha... I still laugh when I think of that moment.

lol.. AHHHHH MEMORIES :p

Back
Top Bottom