Old Chameleon possibly on way out?

Hi there,

My male chameleon is around 5/6 years old now <3 his light went off in his cage this evening and he was hanging upside down on a vine - couldn't walk on the top - only around the side. he's on my hand now still but with his body & head tilted to the left. do you think hes had a stroke.? what can i do to make it easier for him? he doesn't look in stress but doesnt want to go back in his cage

Do you have a good chameleon vet? He needs a good check up and some x-rays and possiably some blood work. As they age they get health issues just like we do. If he’s diagnosed by a good vet there’s plenty of good meds out there for chameleons these days that would be able to help him.

Read through the link below where the members here recommend their vets. I’m sure there’s some from the U.K. Hopefully, one close to you.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/area-by-area-country-vet-list.32880/
Thank you. I've been in touch with emergancy vets, it's night time here, so would need out of hours.

Kaji, the chamleon has fallen asleep on his branch, in a normal position... I'm guessing this is a good sign. Have a vet going to call so will hopefully be able to put my mind at rest and will take him to the vets first thing in the morning. Crossing all my fingers he is ok.

Back
Top Bottom