Ok quick please who's awake??

In your original thread I asked if he held his head up with his mouth open....I was asking because as Julirs said...that's normally how they die. I doubt he had a respiratory infection and I would still be surprised if he had a vitamin A issue too. I think there were other things going on.

My money would be on long term systemic infection or possibly intestinal blockage.
Symptoms are slow to appear in sick reptiles, often till the problem is already advanced.
Daily Observation is worth a pound of cure!

Re:kinyonga

Okay sorry I must have missed that before, yes, that was pretty much it, head was kinda up, mouth open, like gasping/wheezing. It was terrible to watch. :(

Just wanted to say thanks to everybody for their feedback and kind helpful words.
I'm still really crushed, and feel terrible for the poor guy, and the fact that coming here spelled the end for him, but i still feel there was something pre-existing that would have surfaced wherever he was.
but as you said, i think the best thing for me is to get back on the horse, dust myself off and try again. With a cb for sure.
I sent an email out this morning to chameleon nation to see what kind of panthers they have going on right now. Going to check with chroma too. Anywhere else you guys can think of in Canada to check? Although seeing a cage of baby veileds years ago is what first drew me in to chameleons, I'm definitely leaning towards something else, probably panther. I don't think their faces are quite as cute as my little flappy Bubb, but I can't resist the idea of those blues or yellows, they're just breathtaking. I have a feeling when I'm older and the kids are gone, I assumed I'd be a crazy cat lady, but I'm pretty sure now I'm going to be a crazy chameleon lady... :)

Been there done that, welcome to my world.:eek: We can have a great time here in my little world.

I picture getting to the point where I'm sitting in the middle of the house with an umbrella, because it's easier to activate the ceiling fire sprinklers cause there's so many chameleons. Lol. Sound about right? :D

I picture getting to the point where I'm sitting in the middle of the house with an umbrella, because it's easier to activate the ceiling fire sprinklers cause there's so many chameleons. Lol. Sound about right? :D

You are getting there.lol just give me a while, I will get you there.:D

I`m so sorry about your little guy, you obviously did all you could and at least he had comfort from you in his last moments. :(

Back
Top Bottom