ok for baby cham to get wet?

DELxREPTILESJC

I read somewhere that its bad for a baby panther cham to get wet directly because a small drop can block their nasal passage. is this true? when im spraying his cage, I try as much as possible not to let the water hit him. but dont they get rained on in the wild? someone please clarify because I want to make sure my baby cham doesnt get dehydrated.

p.s.
After every daily feeding he drinks from a dropper that im holding, a few drops each time. is that enough?

No that is fine. The thing you don't want to do, is squirt water directly down their throat. You can drop it in their mouth but, but you should not put any water in their throat as they can aspirate the water into their lungs.

maybe to be safe dont spray directly on him until he is a little bit bigger. from your water dripper give him 3 drops, give him time to swallow a few times and repeat. i have seen threads about chameleons drowning from receiving to much water because they weren't given time to swallow everything.

I spray all of my babies directly, even the first day of hatching them. But I use a fine mist spray bottle.

They are just fine to get wet, you just don't want to spray huge droplets at them.

dont worry about it, as long as he isnt drenched. also have a dripper on all day if possible so he can start learning to drink on his own

@ocelot do you think the big dripper is good for that? I donr need a full misting system since its a small cage and humidity stays around 55--60ish and jumps to about 70 when I spray. my main concern is just for drinking.

@ocelot do you think the big dripper is good for that? I donr need a full misting system since its a small cage and humidity stays around 55--60ish and jumps to about 70 when I spray. my main concern is just for drinking.

no, you dont a misting system youre right. But a dripper will be good so he can learn to drink even when your not around

Our 8 month old panther just stands under the dripper and licks his lips. It's funny to watch.

We misted all around our baby chams and never had an issue. I tried to avoid spraying them directly as mine didn't really like it.

Back
Top Bottom