O_o I found this!! Help!

Kami

Hi guys! So, I was on my way home tonight after work and the headlights in my car flashed an aquarium next to a big garbage container.(dont know how it even flashed it cuz its all dirty! lol) It seems the people that lived in that house threw it away for sum reason. (still unknown) I know that they were not keeping fish in it cuz its full of poop(looks like hamster's or something a bit bigger ^.^') and has some attached newspaper at the bottom....God it smells bad >.< they severely had sum hygiene issues there lol Maybe it leaked water and they used it to keep something in it other than fish. The thing is, I could not leave that there... cuz i thought it might come useful somehow! (it was a horribly smelly ride home -_-) Its like 3 feet long and almost one feet high. It does not have the top of it.
Since i know that glass enclosures are not for chams, maybe it could be used for something related to chams, or even be the base of some small free range thing or even some feeder keeper of sort. Also it seems good to keep some other reptiles, but I was hoping you great wonderful minds in this forum could give some ideas to cham related! :D the glass sides seems glued. I could be able to remove the sides and place screen mesh instead for more air flow or something.(Not to house chams cuz it small, unless its babys :] ) So! Im gonna try and make someone's garbage into something wonderfully useful :] ... if they took it out for cleaning and placed it next to the garbage... the i think i just stole something, i hope not 0_0 lol
Ill be reading your ideas and taking them into consideration and might even join some to create something even cooler! And I will also keep progress of whatever im gonna make out of it. So thanks in advance for taking your time on reading this and helping! :D

oops! forgot to add the picture lol sowie!:p
2011-12-12234311.jpg

I was trying to figure out why you wanted the thing, then you showed us a picture.

That is very cool indeed.

Would you consider going vertical with it? If you could replace the panel that would be "on top" with screen and then screen in the part that's open now, making that a door, you'd have a unique enclosure that would do quite well for a smaller chameleon (like a Jackson's or Fischer's).

That's an old 26 gal show hex.

If you like, and from the old silcone I see this would work, replace the two side panels with a screen panel. It's not hard. Just cut away the silcone. save the top and bottom plastic pieces and then re silcone them to the screen panel and silcone the screen panel to the two glass sides. Have a nice screen top made and you'll have three sides screen to work with.

Whew scared me I thought you were gonna tell me there was a cham in that dirty thing.. I was gonna grab my bat and go on a man hunt. If you saw the pic of Karma holding a gun... I'd bring him too, Karma would WHOOP some chamabuser.

I am with Sandy, as soon as I saw it I thought Pygmy tank. I also like the replace sides for a small cham, or you could use it for crickets, worms or roaches. Good find.

use it for hermit crab lol idk but i love the tank. i got 7 hermit crabs and one is about as big as a mans fist

Very nice tank! That should clean up good with vinegar and a flat razor blade. The possibles are endless as it is very stylish!

Or an excellent tank for a vivarium project, if you're so inclined. This can also work for pygmies but it would be fun if you've ever wanted geckos of any type. I'm partial to day geckos, since they're diurnal and quite active, but this tank would look awesome done in a tropical way, with plants, wood, and moss.

The good thing is the tank has a rim. If you can somehow remove the rim so you can reuse it. I would replace the two front angled glass pannels and replace it with either mesh or lexan with a mesh window. Then re silicone it and replace the rim.

This way you get a viewing glass front and vents on the sides. Could even do a lil viv with planted substrait and a small species of Cham.

Great find.

dude i saw that same cage on craigslist some1 was selling it and i guess no1 ever wanted it so they threw it out? what general aera did u find it? dont need exact location just wanna see if it really is the cage i saw on craigslist.

Or an excellent tank for a vivarium project, if you're so inclined. This can also work for pygmies but it would be fun if you've ever wanted geckos of any type. I'm partial to day geckos, since they're diurnal and quite active, but this tank would look awesome done in a tropical way, with plants, wood, and moss.

Im w Olympia I think it would look great as a dart frog tank or gecko enclosure. Met some ppl that breed darts at the Harka show last week. They are really cool looking little guys. And not too exp to get a small colony going if you go with the common species. You wouldnt have to cut out any glass if you went with frogs, or geckos. Its big enuff to have a water feature and then you could fill the rest in with soil/rocks and plants.

Or just use it for feeders: roaches, crickets, supers, etc...

Whew scared me I thought you were gonna tell me there was a cham in that dirty thing.. I was gonna grab my bat and go on a man hunt. If you saw the pic of Karma holding a gun... I'd bring him too, Karma would WHOOP some chamabuser.

Hahahhahaha Nooo! If that were a cham enclosure i would have entered the house with a mask on and rescued(stolen) the poor little cham lol Wow that would be some serious abusive bad husbandry! though a cham in a tank in that state woudnt last a week >.< Im planing on building free range on my jackson soon :) when i do ill post pics ;-)

That's an old 26 gal show hex.

If you like, and from the old silcone I see this would work, replace the two side panels with a screen panel. It's not hard. Just cut away the silcone. save the top and bottom plastic pieces and then re silcone them to the screen panel and silcone the screen panel to the two glass sides. Have a nice screen top made and you'll have three sides screen to work with.

Yup! Thanks, it would make a nice small cham cage if fixed right. Im writing down the ideas next ill check out some and combine others and see what comes up! :)

use it for hermit crab lol idk but i love the tank. i got 7 hermit crabs and one is about as big as a mans fist

Hahhaha dude i had to search engine to see what a hermit crab was Lol :p since my main language is spanish i sometimes lack on words XD

I am with Sandy, as soon as I saw it I thought Pygmy tank. I also like the replace sides for a small cham, or you could use it for crickets, worms or roaches. Good find.

Thanks ^^ yeah the small cage project seems to be right. I might get into pygmy or geckos XD. (id have to double check on that cuz in puerto rico most lizards are ilegal -_- only cham you can own its the jackson lol not right for beginers XD and it was my first cham and rep :-D though... Ive seen sone other members in the forum from PR that do have other types of chams :p might have to ask them ;-)

Very nice tank! That should clean up good with vinegar and a flat razor blade. The possibles are endless as it is very stylish!

Jajja yeah it has some hugeee cleaning disenfecting project on it. Its so full of poop lol bt worth it, as you said, it has some very nice posibilities XD

Back
Top Bottom