NY Reptile Expo Pix (1-8-12)

Are dart frogs difficult to keep? They look pretty neat, but I just don't know anything about them... Wouldn't mind having a few!

I just got one with my dad today and i never even read up on them I just liked it and bought everything I needed for it. They seem very easy you just have to feed it those fruit flies

oh lord, that is upsetting. Poor chameleons! There should be some kind of regulation for the way they can be displayed. I don't think I would have been able to keep my mouth shut. I am glad I was not there!

oh lord, that is upsetting. Poor chameleons! There should be some kind of regulation for the way they can be displayed. I don't think I would have been able to keep my mouth shut. I am glad I was not there!

Yea. It was kinda sad that most of the Vendors that carried Chams didn't display them better. As I stated , the only vendor that I felt was on the ball was "Climbing Chamleons". They had some niceee Ambliobes .

There was another vendor that had a beautiful adult male Nose Faly for $300 ( I was tempted to get him, but I really didn't have the room for him). His other Chams were not in as good shape though.

Are dart frogs difficult to keep? They look pretty neat, but I just don't know anything about them... Wouldn't mind having a few!

It depends on what you want to spend. If you have a fully set up tank with a pond and hopefully a waterfall, and start with everything spot on perfect you should do ok. But their tank needs to be set up properly. There are tons of pics on the web.

oman. im so so glad those vendors dont do anything here in indiana. I WOULD BE BROKE!! The jungle sunglow is amazing, leachie <3 and all those chameleons!!!! Id be leaving that show saying @#CK where am i going to put all these animals!

i was suprised at the amount of unhealthy looking animals at this show, i've been going since '04-'05 and it seems more and more vendors are bringing obviously sick reptiles with them.

there were some very nice animals at a few tables though, just really have to be careful who you buy from.

hmm..reading..thats still about 3 hours away :p 3 hours and 36 minutes to be exact... i just live in a terrible part of the u.s. haha...we have our own local convention centers and stuff in altoona, i dont understand why we dont have any cool expos :(

Try being trapped in South Dakota.. They have the "Reptile Gardens" and what not, but no Reptile Expo.. Probably because we have one of the smallest populations and not that many reptile keepers etc... >.< I have to travel about 4 hours south or east to get to one that doesn't have much. :c I can't wait for Myrtle Beach. fjdkla

Is it even legal to display chameleons like that?
It has to be some kind of animal welfare laws in the states against this type of poorly display?

I was going to bring the family Sun & I am glad we did not go. We are in the reserch stage of getting an IG & Cham. If I went there to look around I would be pretty upset. Any one go to NH show before? maybe I will try out that one. Any shows in CT, MA or RI. I am not sure I want to go to any in Whiteplains.

Is it even legal to display chameleons like that?
It has to be some kind of animal welfare laws in the states against this type of poorly display?

it's definitely legal. the vendor had about 3 tables lined up with tons of different animals..frogs, snakes, toads, geckos, tarantulas, and a bunch of various lizards..all in those same cups.

i guess they either didn't have the space for cages, since they were not specifically selling chams, or maybe they figured they wouldn't be in the cups long..or, they just didn't care.

A couple of us members went to and Indianapolis show yesterday. Yep they too had Chameleons in cups. Its one thing to ship them that way... but to display them that way is very disheartening for me to see. I knew that is how the vendor displayed them... so I made sure my husband and I stayed clear of that table...

Back
Top Bottom