New Baby Tamatave

Glen Kotlar

Dear friends of the forum.

Today I have visited a reptile expo at Suffolk County community colledge in Long Island NY. There were many reptiles and other criters on display, but very few chameleons. The ones that were on display were mostly Vailed, Flapneck, Graceful, Fischers, Pigmey and very few Panthers. Overall there were less than 1% of chameleons comparing to other reptiles.

That being said, I've met a few guys from Repxotica reptile store that I knew from some time before. They agreed that there was a poor selection of chams on display. Nevertheless, they told me some good news. They said that their boss just got a clutch of about 15, 3-5 day old Tamatave panthers. These guys are from Wild Caught parants and look very cool even though they are no biger than a medium hornworm.

I left the expo and headed down to that store, when I arrived I couldn't resist but to get one of these little guys. Since I already had a set up to comfortably house a baby cham there was no way I was leaving without one.
In the store I observed these babies eat fruit flies with good apetite and chose the one that ate the best and looked more active than the others.

Now we are home making sure that the conditions for the baby cham are right and that he could grow up to be a healthy and happy chameleon.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to take care of little guys like that please write your comments and let me know what you think is the best way to get him to his best possible shape.

Thank you!!!!

Attachments

• tamatave1.jpg
    tamatave1.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 160
  • tamatave2.jpg
    tamatave2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 194
  • tamatave3.jpg
    tamatave3.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 243
  • tamatave4.jpg
    tamatave4.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 162
  • tamatave5.jpg
    tamatave5.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 155
He is gorgeous! :D I love him.

I must say, that I have read somewhere that best thing to do is to take the average body lenght and normal looking baby not the most active neither the sleepy ones from a clutch if you have a chance to choose. But as I said, I dont know where I got this info from. It was stucked in my head when I was choosing mine.

Good for you. I have been to a few local reptile shows, and bought chameleons, some shows there are quite a few venders with chameleonsband others the venders don't show or bring them

Back
Top Bottom