Moving to Europe

Chamamamma

Hello guys!
Does anyone tried to move veiled cham (least restrictive as far I know) from US to the Europe?
I most likely be moving for long therm in October-November, and I really want to have my cham with me - my particular one, buying some other one over there is not an option.
What I have found so far I need to get origin papers from store were I bought him. Do I need some other papers from US?
And most important - transport itself, does anyone know what company will allow to take cham as pet in cabin or cargo? I know turkish airlines allow birds, but found no word about reptiles...
Any information would help.

It was well over 30 years ago that I needed to take an animal overseas, but I believe I checked with the consulate of the country I was going to for what they required. It was in the days long before the internet and I remember needing a veterinary health certificate, having to go to Boston and running around there for official papers or something.

Ok, thanks for the idea, will ask the consulate too.
Currently have found two shippers - one for $3210, other for $1026. I keep looking, while checking the paperwork requirements... Will post here - considering chameleons get sold at petco etc more people will be interested, I guess.
Honestly I do not understand why airlines are so illogically stubborn about these cute non-poisonous toothless reptiles - as far I know, chameleons do not cause allergies, they are quiet, can not pee all over the plane, chameleons are not very fast runners and they can not break out and bite trough some electric wires like mice etc. - IMO they are much better pet candidates for cabin flight, than dogs or cats (whom I love too btw). WHY they are not accepted??? Maybe our community should make some united requests and pressure that issue?

Back
Top Bottom