Votes: 77 25.4%
  • three - four

Votes: 27 8.9%
  • five - ten

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • ten plus

Votes: 13 4.3%

• Total voters
By starting this thread I'm not saying everyone bred as many species as you can. Although it is neat to say I bred 10 plus species. I would only recommend breeding what you can handle and only what circumstances allow.

Congrats Ben, best of luck with the eggs. Ive bred only 3 species, br. Pumilum, veileds and panthers, not much luck with pumilums though. I might have the chance to work with and breed j. Merumontanus, marshals pygmy and gorangoza pygmy, well hopefuly, cheers.

brevicaudatus, temporalis, spinosus, acuminatus, uthmoelleri, red rudis, merumontanus, hoehnelii, thamnobates, setaroi.
I hope this year again for merumontanus; one or two other bradypodion species; oxyrhina, tenuis and uthmoelleri.
And especially if I can get my hands on them: Some Ugandan species :)

what ugandan species are you looking for, johnstons? All I know from Uganda are hohnelii and johnstons lol.

Ive only bred three to date. I got hatchlings from two species. Calyptratus, & pardalis. My venture into jacksonni was not as successful. I lost my female while she was gravid due to overheating I believe. Im attempting lateralis next month if all goes well that will be 4.

Ive only bred three to date. I got hatchlings from two species. Calyptratus, & pardalis. My venture into jacksonni was not as successful. I lost my female while she was gravid due to overheating I believe. Im attempting lateralis next month if all goes well that will be 4.

Sorry I did not clarify what I meant when I said bred, I mean mating the species and produced babies from their eggs or captive hatched, produced babies from a gravid wild female. I'm considering bred as producing neonates somehow as a bred chameleon. Preferably mating a captive male and female not just bring in gravid wild females (although that does count though, however it actually only is half the challenge).

Last edited:
Here is my list in no particular order. All have either bred in my care, produced babies from retained sperm, or arrived gravid.

nchisiensis, uluguruensis, brevicaudatus, calyptratus, senegalensis, roperi, dilepis idjwiensis, bitaeniatus, cristatus, ellioti, fuelleborni, hoehnelii hoehnelii, jacksonii jacksonii, jacksonii merumontanus, jacksonii xantholophus, sternfeldi, wiedersheimi perreti, wiedersheimi wiedersheimi, cephalolepis, lateralis lateralis, lateralis "major", minor, pardalis(Ambanja), multituberculata, tavetana.

I think thats all of them.

Carl

Here is my list in no particular order. All have either bred in my care, produced babies from retained sperm, or arrived gravid.

nchisiensis, uluguruensis, brevicaudatus, calyptratus, senegalensis, roperi, dilepis idjwiensis, bitaeniatus, cristatus, ellioti, fuelleborni, hoehnelii hoehnelii, jacksonii jacksonii, jacksonii merumontanus, jacksonii xantholophus, sternfeldi, wiedersheimi perreti, wiedersheimi wiedersheimi, cephalolepis, lateralis lateralis, lateralis "major", minor, pardalis(Ambanja), multituberculata, tavetana.

I think thats all of them.

Carl

Very impressive !

I guess you could say I used to eat sleep and breath chameleons! I'll have to see if I can find any of my pictures.

Carl

I guess you could say I used to eat sleep and breath chameleons! I'll have to see if I can find any of my pictures.

Carl

I recall who you are. You were big into breeding back in the CIN days. Glad to see you stayed with the hobby and did not call it quits. Welcome to the chameleon forums.

I did quit for awhile. Got really into saltwater tanks. They just aren't doing it for me though.
Boy things have changed! Nothing like it used to be.
Thanks! It's nice to be back!

Carl

Back
Top Bottom