Not having the best night

After 21 days of treatment I thought McFly was well, but within 2 days of stopping the medication the discoloration started coming right back. Its just so disappointing. I contacted the vet that has been helping with him and we decided that further testing is required. I did re-start the medications to keep the infection at bay for now.

Today I went to our regular vet, who does not see exotic pets, and she agreed to give me a swab so that I can swab him after stopping the meds for a few days and she will send it out for culture and sensitivity testing. Once we get the results I will fax them to the frog vet and figure out the best treatment. I know my friends and family think i'm crazy, but he is my frog and deserves a shot.

03Oct2013.jpg

awww - thats to bad - it can be frustrating when you think you are out of the woods, and then get a set back - hang in there- and we will never call you crazy ;)

That really sucks I'm sorry to hear. Your not crazy lol. If people will spend $100s and $1000s of dollars on there dogs and cats. Then what's the difference

oh Im sorry to hear about the set-back. But don't loose hope. At least the medication is helping and hopefully you'll get a permanent answer soon

(you are not crazy - I'd do the same for my frogs)

awww - thats to bad - it can be frustrating when you think you are out of the woods, and then get a set back - hang in there- and we will never call you crazy ;)

Yeah, I really thought we were done with his treatment, it is hard to see him start getting worse again. Thank you for the support. I hope Olive is feeling better.

That really sucks I'm sorry to hear. Your not crazy lol. If people will spend $100s and $1000s of dollars on there dogs and cats. Then what's the difference

I agree, they are our pets and we are responsible for them and making sure they are well.

oh Im sorry to hear about the set-back. But don't loose hope. At least the medication is helping and hopefully you'll get a permanent answer soon

(you are not crazy - I'd do the same for my frogs)

Thank you Sandra, its really hard to deal with. I was really bummed out when I saw the spots coming right back. I really take it to heart when my pets are sick too so its extra hard. He seems fine though, still eating like crazy and very active. The other hurdle is working with a vet in another state, it delays getting the meds started, but I am grateful for his help.

I get were your coming from. When my ball python got a lump just 2 weeks after getting her I was vary worried. I contacted my breeder and drove her an hour each way to see him and in a truck its gets expensive. I did this about 4 times ( though it was cheaper then a bunch of vet visit ) we thought we fixed it. We thought it was just constipation. But also that it could have been a kink. Well it went away. But 3 weeks later it came back. I took her back to him and he offered me a different python. I said no though he said he wouldn't kill her and would try and help her. But she was mine and I new she was the one for me. She was some what aggressive and active. The way I like em lol. And though I had barley had her for 2 months I wasn't giving up. Torns out she just had a bump and was very constipated. I was told to sook her evry day or 2 and it worked bump didn't go away for almost a year:eek: but it finally did no clue what it was but it never caused pain to her and it went away.

I do hope your fella gets better soon and can get on with his little life. He's so cute :D

Back
Top Bottom