Not eating

Yes he does have color - but some females have color as well! Just making sure he wasn't possibly... gravid. ;P

My veiled male eats 5 cricx every other day and 2 superworms. If I give him more he leaves it in his dish. Don't fret, he has a new home to get used to. 2 days is nothing.

His casque looks ok for a year old male. As for the flaps, my male has flaps on the side of his casque. When he chews they flap! LOL

My veiled male eats 5 cricx every other day and 2 superworms. If I give him more he leaves it in his dish. Don't fret, he has a new home to get used to. 2 days is nothing.

His casque looks ok for a year old male. As for the flaps, my male has flaps on the side of his casque. When he chews they flap! LOL

LOL, thanks a lot. Ill try to see if I can find something new for him to eat to see if he's interested at all. How long should I wait before I get freak out that hes not eating? Hopefully it wont come to that. Thankfully my girlfriend is a vet tech and works at an animal hospital which has a exotic animal expert doctor. So hopefully if worst comes to worst Ill be alright.

Yeah, I dont wanna try to force him to eat, im sure it would just stress him out more with my hand in his face holding a superworm. Ill just throw a few in and leave them in there for a while.

Leo

Okay so Leo has been in the sunroom for about 2 weeks now. Eating Dubias fine. Been outta crickets as Dave had some issues but they came today. I feed Leo every other day unless a Dubia escapes in which case, whenever it rears his head, he eats. Well, I didnt feed him yesterday nor did I hear him crunching, so naturally today would be his day. I put in 2 large male Dubias and since my crickets came, about 20 of those in his cup, and a Hornworm since he hasnt had any in about 3 weeks. Well, he wont eat. He stares them down and watches them. Then they either fall off the vine or cage wall or if they move near him, he backs up and goes into a corner. He comes down and stares out the window (I swear I see longing in his eyes), but doesnt bother to eat. He is drinking well and his elimination is A Ok....Im not staring at him. I tried handfeeding him the hornworm like I used to and he backs away.. Nothing else has changed except that he shed a few days ago...

Okay so Leo has been in the sunroom for about 2 weeks now. Eating Dubias fine. Been outta crickets as Dave had some issues but they came today. I feed Leo every other day unless a Dubia escapes in which case, whenever it rears his head, he eats. Well, I didnt feed him yesterday nor did I hear him crunching, so naturally today would be his day. I put in 2 large male Dubias and since my crickets came, about 20 of those in his cup, and a Hornworm since he hasnt had any in about 3 weeks. Well, he wont eat. He stares them down and watches them. Then they either fall off the vine or cage wall or if they move near him, he backs up and goes into a corner. He comes down and stares out the window (I swear I see longing in his eyes), but doesnt bother to eat. He is drinking well and his elimination is A Ok....Im not staring at him. I tried handfeeding him the hornworm like I used to and he backs away.. Nothing else has changed except that he shed a few days ago...

This may sound gross...but did he eat any of his shed? He may not be hungry as he did. Mine do that :)

This may sound gross...but did he eat any of his shed? He may not be hungry as he did. Mine do that :)

You know, I dont know. Thats a good point though. I tried to remove a lot of it but there was some in harder places that I just couldnt get to without opening up the whole cage and with some free roaming roaches, I wasn't about to get in there.. Makes sense..

Lily didn't eat anything at all for 10 days when she was gravid. I was worried about her not getting enough calcium, etc. A couple of weeks later (with her eating only one or two items a day) she still summoned up enough energy to lay 103 eggs! :D

I know that yours is male, but this proves that they can go for several days without eating a single thing. Hopefully your little man will settle into his new home soon and regain his appetite!

I hope this is the case. Im ordering a few dubias to see if he is just tired of his staples. Ill keep you updated and im sure if anything seems to go wrong ill be seeking advice once again. Thanks for all your help

Back
Top Bottom