not eating, not moving..

ckb1031

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Veiled Cham, Male, 11month, in my care 9month
  • Handling - 2~3times a week(for force feeding)
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? crickets,super worm, 2~3times a week, Starved In the last two weeks(beacause he won't eat) (and after eyes care not trying force feeding-2weeks)
  • Supplements - exo terra D3less calcuim(Every feeding times)
  • exo terra D3 calcuim(2times a month) but he's not eating.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? i saw, mist 3times, urates color is white
  • Fecal Description - not eating --> no poop --> there is no way to know. There is no sign of that
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - screencage 20*20*34[inch]
  • Lighting - exo-terra repti glo 10.0 26W 12hours
  • Temperature - basking zone-92F nomal zone-77F Lowest overnight temp? -70~72F
  • Humidity - 35~50
  • Plants - Golden pothos
  • Placement - in my room, floor-cage 25inch
  • Location - in south korea

2month 2weeks ago - he closed eyes
1month 2weeks ago - it's a little better, but he was blind
2weeks ago - he opened eyes, can see

When he was blind
force feeded 2~3times a week, When I thought about it, I thought about it 10 times.

and 2weeks ago he opened eyes, and recognize an objects(he can eye contact)
but he not eating and not moving(move area-only spot zone-uvb zone) he was activeful(Even when he's blind,),and good eater(ed)

I wonder if you can understand my poor English
why are him doing ...? force feed stress..? plases help him....

KakaoTalk_20171024_114312272.jpg KakaoTalk_20171024_114312804.jpg KakaoTalk_20171024_114313164.jpg KakaoTalk_20171024_114313648.jpg

I'm would add a dripper to give him more opportunity to drink.

Have you offered him things like a thin slice of sweet red pepper or a thin slice if apple? It might help.

Can you post a photo of the plants in his cage please?

1.i'm using dripper
2.ok!! i'll try it soon (why
I'm would add a dripper to give him more opportunity to drink.

Have you offered him things like a thin slice of sweet red pepper or a thin slice if apple? It might help.

Can you post a photo of the plants in his cage please?

Thank you for your prompt anwser!!!
1.i'm using dripper (A drop of 3~6 seconds)
2.i'll try it soon (why sweet red pepper? why apple? I want to know!!)
2-1.If he doesn't feed himself, should he do Force Feeding?
3.I'll go home and upload it(plant name - scindapsus, devil's ivy)

You said..."i'm using dripper (A drop of 3~6 seconds)" ...I would make it drip a little faster.
You said..."i'll try it soon (why sweet red pepper? why apple? I want to know!!)"...I picked two things that they usually like a lot so he might eat them. If he doesn't take it when you touch the end of the piece on his lip then when he's opening and shutting his mouth slip the end of it between his teeth somhe bites it. Also while he's chewing the pepper or apple you can slip a cricket/insect between his teeth and he might eat that too.
You said..."if he doesn't feed himself, should he do Force Feeding?"...that should be a last option. It's hard on them. If the sweet pepper or apple doesnt work then I would try putting a drop of baby food on the tip of his lip to see if he'll take that.
You said.."I'll go home and upload it(plant name - scindapsus, devil's ivy)"...if it's this o e it's fine...
https://www.google.ca/search?client...DXAhVhxoMKHQ__DY4Q6RMIlwEwFg&biw=1280&bih=800

You said..."i'm using dripper (A drop of 3~6 seconds)" ...I would make it drip a little faster.
You said..."i'll try it soon (why sweet red pepper? why apple? I want to know!!)"...I picked two things that they usually like a lot so he might eat them. If he doesn't take it when you touch the end of the piece on his lip then when he's opening and shutting his mouth slip the end of it between his teeth somhe bites it. Also while he's chewing the pepper or apple you can slip a cricket/insect between his teeth and he might eat that too.
You said..."if he doesn't feed himself, should he do Force Feeding?"...that should be a last option. It's hard on them. If the sweet pepper or apple doesnt work then I would try putting a drop of baby food on the tip of his lip to see if he'll take that.
You said.."I'll go home and upload it(plant name - scindapsus, devil's ivy)"...if it's this o e it's fine...
https://www.google.ca/search?client...DXAhVhxoMKHQ__DY4Q6RMIlwEwFg&biw=1280&bih=800

ok i'll make a drip a little faster

babyfood..? Grind apples and red sweet pepper? I'm unfamiliar

I remember now. when i was tryed force feed (cricket + cod liver oil 2drops)
Can him hates this because of the stink of this fish?

I highly recommend giving him some cover in the form of live plants. Not only will that provide him a place to hide, he will also eat them and they will provide humidity and a temperature gradient. He may be too stressed to eat. He may also be too hot.

Back
Top Bottom