Not eating as much....

kitten333

My veiled Cham seems very healthy and not quite as active, but still pretty active. He is sheading, and it seems to e going alright. He is very young about 2 or 3 months old, so, he has started to sheed offten. The question is.... Is it normal for a Cham not to eat as much when it sheeds?

I believe it is normal for a baby cham as well as an adult cham to not eat as much when they shed. My lil dude is about to shed for the first time with me, and he hasn't been eating very much either.

in my experiences, it is the younger chameleons that have less of an appetite when shedding. as they grow and shed less and get used to shedding as well, it seems like nothing to the animal to keep eating regularly. i had a baby chameleon that didn't eat for 1.5 full days because of shedding

Ok. Good. I can relax, now. LOL thank you all for your help/ advice. Yayzzz!! One more trip to the vet possiably avoided. He is eating, witch is nice, but tie less than half of his normal diet.

I hav'nt noticed this behavior before. I usually see a increase in appetite just before a shed. But natural sunshine is part of the equation for most of the year with my guys. I just had a male parson in middle of shed eat a large mantis, followed by a large female dubia roach, followed by a big hornworm, with five adult crickets and two superworms. All in under five minutes.

Here's a video of him eating hornworm, you can see the mantis claw hanging off side from meal just eaten. And maybe make out the shed on feet and around eyes, body is dull pre shed appearance. http://youtu.be/AnZGTW0nAcs

Last edited:
thank you. Actually, I do not have to worry, anymore I put a butter worm and 6 wax worms along with 2 crickets in his dish today, and he at it all. I guess he was just freaked about shedding. He is now pigging out on more food. :) thank you for all your help.

Back
Top Bottom